Make it for Monday: Hand Carved Stamps!

It was terrible, awful outside today. Just miserably misty and rainy and glum...

Bender Oak and I decided to stay inside and craft.

Well, Bender decided to take a nap:


That left me to sit at my craft table and stare at all my supplies.  What would I do?  Would I carve a stamp? Would I crochet something?  Play with my Zutter machine?

Well, I ended up making a couple of stamps, and then getting bored.  


So, I threw some of my extra stamps I made on Etsy, and then I made something with one of my stamps!

I carved a really awesome stamp.  I took a vintage illustration I found from an old book... It's for all those times I'm "Bending over backwards" to please the rest of the world.

Well, I wanted to do something with this stamp, but didn't know what. 

Then I thought, hey, I should make a card!

One of my super nice coworkers gave me some of her paper crafting gear, and I decided to break it out.

Using a paper cutter as a paper scoring tool, I cut out several paper shapes, and came up with this:


I'm pretty psyched. I'm not that great with designing cards, but I think I'll work on my card making skills now that I'm carving my own stamps and I've got some decent card stock in my collection.


I hope to give this little card to one of my other overworked, overwhelmed, and completely "Over it" friends.

By the way, check out all the new stamps I carved. Their listed in the Leftovers4Dinner Etsy Shop!


Thanks for reading! Also shared on:
  Making The Girl Creative Skip To My Lou Keeping It Simple handmade projects

Comments

Donna Wilkes said…
Saw you had become a follower so I came over and was blown away by your stamps. I have only carved a few so I appreciate the skill you used. I will visit your etsy shop to browse. I love the header of your blog. Did you create that?

Distressed Donna Down Home
Etcetorize said…
So neat! I think I need to learn how to make my own stamps. By the way, I'm crazy in love with your header and background! Very beautiful~ Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize!
2 Punk Dogs said…
Wow, your stamps are amazing! I love the vintage look of your header. Bender Oak looks adorable too.
Love your blog. I’m a lifelong antiquer, and am making my passion for antiques a full-time business by selling antiques online. I’m blogging about my experiences at my brand-new blog, Wisdom Lane Antiques: wisdomlaneantiques.blogspot.com. Stop by!

Popular Posts