A little Christmas help and inspiration from Liz!

I've been pretty run-down this Holiday season.  I didn't start crafting early in the season like I normally do, and with moving, I've been way too short on time to sit down and do anything.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make a lot of presents, much less do anything for people this year.

Luckily, I took some time out of my weekend to catch up with my friends, and it was wonderful.

My friend Liz from the "LizisMe" blog got a book last year, Fa La La Felt, and started early on her crafting this year.


She's got some amazing ornaments that I drooled over, so she offered to teach me how to make one of the ornaments from the Fa La La Felt book.


I'm normally really intimidated by sewing, but Liz was extremely encouraging and an amazing teacher.  Before you know it, I had this:


The stitches are a little wonky, but I'm awfully proud of myself, plus, it was super fun to make.  It's a little Partridge or Turtle Dove Ornament!

When I got home, I wanted to make another.  But I didn't really have most of the supplies to make them.
Liz had sent me home with some embroidery floss and some felt to make another Purple one, but I wanted to make a slightly different Ornament.

I had some left over felt from some of my Amigurumi projects, and I started looking for stuff to use as embroidery thread.  NOTE: I could NOT get Perle cotton to work, it kept tangling and fuzzing when I pushed it through the felt.

Suddenly, I remembered that I had a pretty thready yarn laying around:


I split this yarn easily into six strands, and got some beautifully variegated thread that worked just as great as embroidery floss.

Check it out:
It's hard to see, so I used my "Gothy" ornament that I made for two of my friends to show the variegation.  It's a lovely Blue thread from the yarn with hints of red, green, and purple throughout!

I'm hooked on these little guys, look how many I did in just a couple days (and I'm a slow crafter, lol!).  I'm planning on getting myself the book for Christmas.

My first Purple Dove, a Vintage Baby Doll Fabric and Antique White Partridge, a  Blue Bird with Tree Song fabric, and a cute little Goth  Chicken.  A Fowl for every tree!
The great and wonderful thing is, not only did I get to hang out with my friend Liz, but I learned a new craft. Also, I learned how to make something which I plan to use as great last minute Christmas presents.

There's been plenty of people really nice and helpful to me this year, and it sucks that my pockets are empty and my time's been short lately.  At least now I have one small token of appreciation that I can craft and give to a few people just to show I am thinking of them this Holiday season.

I'm so happy!



Thanks for Reading, and Happy Holidays!

Also shared on:

MakingThe Girl Creative







Creative Itch    








Comments

Jennifer said…
Those little birds are so sweet! What darling Christmas tree ornaments : )
Cute ornaments! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

Popular Posts