Regretsy exposes Etsy Featured Reseller

I've been struggling to keep my crafting active.  I've been so busy with the new house, the fact that I'm swallowed up in the contents of a 4 bedroom house shoved into a 2 bedroom house, and just a busy weird schedule.  I've rarely got time to crochet or knit anything.  And my new hobby, Letterboxing, has my desk covered in a complete mess.  All the time.

I've really needed to get my Etsy shop going again.  Yesterday, I added a few new products, and re-did the Shop description to encompass all the new things I do.

Owning a small online store is definitely not instant gratification.  I sat back, realized I'd be owing a lot of fees in a few weeks, and waited for the masses to come... Sigh...

So, in one of my rare moments off, I landed on the website, Regretsy.  I go there for a good laugh every now and then, plus it's reverse inspiration for me to craft.

The Etsy Featured Reseller: Ecologica Malibu

The individual behind Regretsy has been very fortunate.  In one of the rare instances of human dignity, this person has attained a positive reputation for, well, the TRUTH.  We don't get much of that these days.

This article infuriated me.  And through the power of Social Media, it's infuriated others too...

Check out the comment thread on Etsy regarding the Feature Seller of the week:

http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/featured-seller-ecologica-malibu//#comments

This is disappointing.  I've spent so much of my time and effort focusing on Etsy, since it's the top site for Handmade Sellers to make a name of themselves.  This makes me re-think my whole life goals.  Do I keep crafting and selling on Etsy.  Do I try and SAVE UP to open an Artfire shop, do I try lesser known sites like Folksy?  Do I give up and just start selling at Flea Markets? Well, for the time being, check out the new stuff in my Etsy shop. I'll try to add new items as I wallow through this Starving Artist dilemma:

Comments

Popular Posts