Geocaching and Letterboxing in Northwest River Park -Chesapeake, VA

We had a lovely adventure this weekend.  One of the places we went to was Northwest River park in Chesapeake, Virginia.



Most of the Letterboxes there are a very short walk, but the Geocaches gave us a "walk" "for our money", lol.

We did a couple of miles, in extremely warm weather, which I was kinda proud of.  Both Bender Oak and I are out of shape, and did some serious junk food eating this winter (with the change over to the different hours and the new position at work)...So the fact that both Bender and I "wore" black on a very sunny, almost 80 degree weather day (in March!) and kicked out a few miles, made me rather proud.  Oh, and did I mention we saw a snake?

I had a huge backpack on, and so did Ben.  We both carried mostly water, and two Letterboxes.  Ben finished his water in his backpack before we got halfway through our adventure.  It was the only time I was glad that I always carry too much stuff when I go outdoors.  You can never be too prepared, and Ben went through a whole junk Juice Jug and three bottles of water (I went thru three as well).

What wasn't on the video was the fact that the rain cleared up for a little bit, and we tried to drive all the way out to Munden Point, in Blackwater (?) Virginia.  We drove all the way there (a 1 hr. 10 minute drive from Portsmouth), and all of a sudden, it started to storm.  That stinks too, because it looks like a BEAUTIFUL place!  We'll try to make it out there sometime soon.

Comments

Popular Posts