Happy February 8th to me! (Belated Birthday Blog Post)

Whew! My birthday was a bit busy, in a lazy, do whatever I want kinda way. So I'm blogging about my birthday, today, instead of yesterday, which was my actual birthday.  Hey, it was my birthday, I get to do whatever I want!

I turned 31 yesterday, and spent my birthday how any adult would like to....  Taking a Day off work, and hanging out with my CheapGeek, and my dog, Bender Oak!

We took it easy, which is nice.  Being able to wake up whenever I wanted, eat sugary cereal, drink a bunch of coffee, and go out and play in the fresh air.

I made my 31st birthday special by taking the CheapGeek with me Letterboxing.  He hasn't really been Letterboxing with me, only Geocaching.  So it was really special for me to take him and Bender Oak out so he could see why I like the hobby.

Sadly, it being my lazy birthday, I didn't thoroughly check out the area we went Letterboxing and Geocaching at, so I didn't do enough research, and we didn't get all the Letterboxes in the area.  But, that wasn't really important, because we got to go for a lovely drive through some windy country roads, the CheapGeek got to learn about Letterboxing, and Bender got some fresh air.

Bender closely examines a lonesome, sad Bear. A Bear wearing a Belt and looking  depressed.  That's not something you see everyday. What a Birthday...

Here's a little slideshow of our adventures while Letterboxing Today.  If you pay attention, you might find some clues about the Letterbox I planted.



Oh! and to make it super important, I PLANTED MY FIRST LETTERBOX!!!!  You can check it out HERE. And to Double Rainbow super duper make it special, I wrote an article for Examiner.com on Letterboxing in Hampton Roads.  Feel free to check out my article and help support my dream to be a full time editor ("Examiner") for Examiner.com.

I had a lot of fun, and while it seems like I just had a lazy, do-whatever day, that's all I wanted.  It's not just the simple things in life that make me happy, it's hoping to have exactly what I want from those simple things.

And I almost forgot the best part.  I didn't have the traditional Birthday Cake.  Instead, I caked some Cubesteak in Flour, and my Birthday Yum-Yums was Country Fried Steak and Country Rice.  YUM! Gravy Frosting, mmmmm...

Comments

Nora B. Peevy said…
Happy late birthday! Sounds like a nice one.

I linked for Weekend Warrior a short story of mine, The Telling Place. Hop on by!

Oh, and I love your dog's name. :)

-Nora
http://norabpeevy.blogspot.com/2012/03/serial-sunday-telling-place-part-ii.html

Popular Posts