Red Wednesday - My Thrifty 2 cents in the Penny Pot

It's Red Wednesday, and I'm sharing with "It's A Very Cherry World!"


I've got Three little Red Vintage Finds to share today from my local thrift shop adventures.


I've recently obtained some really awesome Vintage Wooden Hangers that you can check out in my Etsy Shop.  Well, I wanted to test them out and play around a bit, and remembered I scored a tattered and shabby  Reddish Apron!


 

This apron used to be a bright and vibrant Red, but after lots of hardwork, and a few decades, it's muted down to a sun-stained, work-stained Pinkish Red.  I love how the white crocheted trim is still in immaculate condition.

I also picked up a lovely 1914 school book.



It's a  very worn and very well loved copy of Julius Caeser by William Shakespeare. This copy was produced sometime near 1914, and was used by a student from 1914-1915. There's quite a few student notes within the book, which definitely add to the charm. This book was used by Mary Newbern at the Fredericksburg State Normal and Industrial School for Females. "Normal" meant, "setting the standard ("norm") for Excellence". This school eventually became the University of Mary Washington. So this is a great little piece of History.


My favorite recent Thrifty Find is this:


Isn't it adorable?!?!  It's a "Lego" from Japan.  I'm not really sure how old it is, but I love it.


What a cute place to put your pennies.



I cleaned it up a bit (normally I don't with my really awesome rustic vintage finds), and now it looks like this:





I'm not sure if I should hold onto it, or try to sell it in my Etsy shop.  This little Red Kettle has won me over, but I'm not sure if it's charming enough to find itself a new home.  What do you think?


Thanks for Reading!






Also shared on:





 Cherry World 1 

Comments

★Carol★ said…
I don't think I've ever seen one of those Penny Pots in all of my years of junking. It's loaded with charm, and so is that old school book!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol
Jill said…
My grandmother had that very same penny pot - it was always full of change - I can remember it in the 70's but she might have had it before then..
Coloradolady said…
Very cute penny pot! Love the color!! I have not seen one of those in years. Someone in the family had one, but who knows what happened to it!! I think it was a black one! Happy VTT!
Bev said…
WOW just love that Penny Pot! What a find!!
LV said…
All your finds are most interesting. I ten to like the little red pot.
What a cute PENNY POT...thanks for sharing at NTT!

Blessings,
Linda
You sure did find some treasures. I'd probably keep the little red pot. It's awfully cute! And I love the old book. But then I have a thing for old books! Great finds and thanks for sharing them with us.
Have a good weekend.
Lynn
Cute pot, nice book, nostalgic apron!
betty-NZ said…
Your reds are absolutely lovely!!

Popular Posts