Vintage Thingie Thursday - Vintage Scale!



I went to a rummage sale a few weeks ago, and picked up an awesome Vintage Scale!


I can't find much information on it, but it appears to be an Antique Jacob's Brother's Baby Scale.  It used to have  either a glass or polished brass pan, and you would put a baby, grains, or a solid dry good on it to be weighed.  Too bad I couldn't find the pan, but I've dressed it up with a couple of things laying all over my desk.
 
It makes a cute conversation piece, and a funky desk organizer, lol!



I'm glad I got it, even without the pan.  It's one of my favorite gritty, industrial colors, and works so well with my little hap-hazard Flea Market Chic style.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Also shared on:

 

Comments

c. Joy said…
I love it! You've just given this Libra a wonderful decorating idea. Now for the hunt to find a scale.
LV said…
I have one but not exactly like yours. Mine has more white enamel on it. It definitely is vintage.
Trisha said…
Amazing scale and I just love the color of it! Great find!

~Trisha
Ann said…
That scale is amazing! Thanks for visiting. BTW, your blog banner is wonderful.
NEAT!!! Love it!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter
Wow, I love that scale. Definitely a great item.
Ordinary Hiker said…
Awe, thanks everyone for the nice comments!
SixBalloons said…
wow I haven't seen anything like it before! Looks like the sock monkey is on a teeter totter, haha.

Popular Posts