Examiner.com Article: Know the Rules of Geocaching and Letterboxing in Virginia

So, I've been Geocaching for over a year, and Letterboxing since about last May.

While "most" Letterboxers are extremely polite and helpful, Geocaching and Geocachers can be very "intense", which can lead to newbies feeling like their being yelled at or dumped on when they make a newbie mistake or break a rule/standard in the Geocaching Rules.  Oddly, with my personality, it makes me wish I had learned about Letterboxing first, lol.

I made a lot of mistakes when I first started Geocaching, and treasure-hunting in general. I want others to go out and get outdoors, whether its Geocaching, Letterboxing, or just going to a Historic Landmark or local park. But just to help out, I created an article at Examiner.com about knowing the Rules for Geocaching (and Letterboxing) in Virginia.

Check out the Article HERE.

As an aside, my GPS broke a while ago, and with moving to a new place, changing job titles, changing schedule, and other stuff, has cut into my ability to purchase a new one.  I've spent most of my time in the city, occasionally picking up Urban Geocaches (Park n' Grabs) and ones in areas where my phone gets signal. I'm getting tired of it.  Not only do I need to save up and get a GPS, I want to go out and seek out farther away and more interesting Geocaches and Letterboxes.  In both of those instances, I need Time, and Money.  I'm trying to find ways to earn some extra $, marking down items in my Etsy shop and selling new types of items (some of my handmade stuff), and looking into a used or refurbished one.  If anyone that reads this that has familiarity in all GPS devices, share/comment on my blog for any of the later model GPS units with strong signal, not a bunch of expensive accessories (or update downloads), and under $100 (I'd prefer, if not below $150).  I'm to the point now where I need a GPS, badly, for both Letterboxing and Geocaching.  Once I have one, I think it'll help me do more of this:

Comments

Popular Posts