New Years Resolutions: 1 and 2

I have a general list of New Years Resolutions, primary, to start with....Small goals!!!!....having said that, one of my New Years Resolutions is to drink less soda, and drink more Tea.

When I worked in the Coffee industry, I quickly got sick of Coffee, Espresso, etc... Back then, CHAI Tea was the big, upcoming thing.  But that was the only Tea I really drank.

I'm starting my tea drinking really basic, and inexpensive. So with my sweet tooth, I'm currently hooked on Celestial Seasoning's Vanilla Honey Chamomile.  Plus, it's calming (Chamomile), and I sure could use a lot of that these days!


The tea comes in very convenient little square packets, but I'm not lugging around the whole box everywhere I go just in case I have a sweetness craving.


My second New Years Resolution is to increase the items I craft and make for myself.  That's been kinda hard this year, lofty plans, elaborate projects, dreams of lacey intricate crochet projects and busy life....So, start small!  I'll Make myself useful small items that are already needed!

With some inspiration from the Celestial Seasonings box, I decided I should make a little pouch to carry my tea in.

 

I traced out a few things on some scrap felt.

And then I got working on a Tea Cup...

  

After a little bit of crafting, I decided to practice a new stitch I found in a book.  Considering I'm rather new at this, it doesn't look too bad, but after finishing the project, I'm not sure if it really goes with my little Tea Pouch.


But now, I've accomplished two of my Resolutions!  I have a little Tea Bag Holder I can store my daily tea in, and I've made myself something! Yay!

 

Thanks for reading everyone!

MakingThe Girl Creative










Creative Itch    


MellowYellowMondayBadge

Comments

genie said…
You go, girl. I am with you 100 percent. Love your tea bag holder. I just finished 6 stuffed Valentine’s for a Valentine’s Day swap and have boocoodles of felt left over. I think I just might to have to give your creative idea a try. It was a bit sad putting all 6 of my goodies in the mail. I had actually gotten attached to them. Love what you did . It is precious. genie
Kim, USA said…
Wow you are very creative! I so love this one. Thanks for sharing.

Yellow & Blue
becca givens said…
What a precious tea carrier ... I rarely make myself items either ... because when I do something I think ... "ooh, I could give it to _____" ... so of course, I would say these would make great gifts for tea drinking friends too! Very clever ~~

Visiting from MYM ...

Here is my MYM entry!! Happy week!!
Unknown said…
I never drank tea till I became friends with someone who "did" the English tea for small parties of friends, since then I'm hooked to the whole idea (which is far more elaborate from my UK friends, lol!)
Love your orange felt cushion with the tea cup.
My favorite teas: Chinese oolong tea, jasmine tea, mango tea.
Jessica said…
I never drink tea except ice tea on the bottle, great job on the craft
:-) Visiting from MYM, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.mommies2ks.com/2012/01/pajama-day-at-school.html
Leah H. said…
I had tried that kind of tea before and it was good..


Visiting for MYM! Hope you can stop by:)

http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/green-mango-pickled/

Popular Posts