Almost Made it for Monday: My foray into Sewing!

Since Christmas, I've been getting more and more into two different hobbies, Letterboxing, and sewing.

I'm rather intimidated by both, as Letterboxing has an artistic side to it, hand-carving stamps, and sewing has always been the scary green monster lurking in the closet of my imagination (it's foreign to me, and I don't fully understand it).

I've decided to get more involved in Letterboxing and carving my own stamps, so I decided to practice on some really pretty images I found online:


Hopefully, with a little practice, I can start designing and carving a custom stamp that represents me and Bender when we go Letterboxing!

I've also decided to work harder at showing people in my life that they are important.  It's gonna be little steps, and while I don't have enough time, money, or energy, I've got to do something.

The past two years I've been neglecting my friends.  I've been awfully caught up in stuff I've been doing, like moving and changing jobs and stuff.  I've also become a bit of a shut-in at times.  

My friend Liz has always been nice to me, and she's also a very caring, giving, and nice person.  I decided I should try to make her something, but I couldn't figure out what.

But she taught me some basics on sewing felt this past Christmas, and I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with felt and really basic embroidery.  So I decided to make Liz a small little felt pouch. 


It's almost done, and yes, there's tons of mistakes (like I should have tried to line it, and the stitches for the zipper are kinda, well, terrible), but I think she might like it?


I'm kinda proud of it, since it was a lot of work for me (embroidery and beads, Oh my!), and most of it turned out nice!

I should be done by Monday Morning, All I've got to do is finish the side, put it in some tissue paper, and give!

Plus, it's my first small/medium size project to be completed in 2012! Hurray!

Thanks for reading!

Also shared on:

MakingThe Girl Creative










Creative Itch    

Comments

Rizza said…
wow! what a cutie! :)nice craft! :)
blognirizlicayan.blogspot.com

Popular Posts