One more project before it's 2012!

Well, it's been a busy year for me...

Not so much with crafting or vintage stuff (well, not until the end, lol).  But I've had a lot happen this year.

While I wanted this to be the year I succeeded in knitting something amazing, instead, it ended up being a year where I picked up a few new hobbies.

Including, sewing!

My friend Liz taught me how to make a few items a couple weeks ago, and the entire time, I've been planning my next project.  Well, now that the presents have all been finished and given, it was time to try and make myself something.  Something quick, but nice, and something I could show off.

I found this cute blog, Juicy Bits, and there was an adorable Owl ornament.  Check it out HERE. It's a free pattern, and super cute.  Since it's not Christmas, but I really liked him, I came up with an idea.

I made my little owl out of some neutral colors that I do wear (that's important).


Once I finished him:

I dug around in my hair stuff and found a little junk barrette.  After a few stitches:

Voila!!!

(Please excuse the CheapGeek's tripod & camera gear, just wanted to share with you before 2011 is up!)

While it hasn't quite been a totally crafty year, at least I get to start off 2012 with something cute and handmade!

Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year!

MakingThe Girl Creative








Creative Itch    









Comments

Popular Posts