My Weekend Crafting: Make it for Monday!

What did I do this weekend?

I took on yet another craft.  And I'm pretty happy about the results.


So, lately, I've been seeing a lot of upcycling/recycling going on, and it's given me inspiration to take on a new crafting that I haven't ventured into.

I had to go get a Hot Glue gun (god rest the soul of the perished Hot Glue gun in the tragic Card-making incident of 2009)... and I had to go into my closet... For supplies.

And check out the results!


Yep, I am now the proud creator of Upcycled Tshirt Rosettes!


I was rather intimidated by some of the youtube videos and online tutorials that I saw, but I really, really wanted to make one for myself, and one for one of the CheapGeek's Girls.

So, after a couple of third degree burns on my thumb from the Hot Glue Gun, and some helpful lessons I had to learn, I managed to make my first Tshirt Rosette:

(Yeah, I was so excited I forgot to adjust my camera).

All of these rosettes were made using old tshirts, left over fabric from various projects, leftover sock yarn, and some embellishments hiding in my card making and Christmas supplies.  Be sure to check out my next couple of blog posts, I'll show you how I made these cute little accessories.

But I ended up making several cute little rosettes this weekend.  And I've decided to list them on both Etsy, and Listia.  Their affordable to make, and, if you can't/don't feel like making them, their very affordable to buy.

Check out my new Tshirt Rosettes on Etsy by clicking on the Rosette photo below


I decided to list one of my first Rosettes on Listia so that I could both spread the word about Listia, and give everyone a chance to get a hold of one of my new Rosettes for FREE!

Check out my Listia here, and sign up for Listia if you'd like to get ahold of some great free stuff in the newest Free Online Community:



more free stuff on Listia

Thanks for reading!

Also shared on:

Making The Girl Creative

Comments

I've never thought to do these out of shirts what a cool idea I'd love you to add this to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Popular Posts