Luxury Vintage Thingie Thursday!

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes about the headache!  Bender Oak, Greg and I went to bed early (3am is early for us) and slept in.  I feel a little better, but I hate how I seem to be so affected by the weather!

So, while I've started to sort through my Vintage stuff and begin the crazy Pre-Holiday process of listing on Etsy, I've noticed that I've got some pretty Random and Whimsical Vintage Tastes....


I had a hard time finding information on this Tourist Case, but using the branding on the Zippers (Talon Brand Zippers), it is likely that this is a Post-WWII Travel Case?  I'm not really sure, and I'm having a terrible time finding any on it...  A small card was included inside, with the same description, font, and paper quality as a "Princess Gardner" brand.  But most Prince Gardner and Princess Gardner stuff has a label or some sort of documentation...  There is a cute little matching Clutch or Jewelry case that comes with it!   The Clutch Case features the same embroidery and ties with a gold string to close.  When opened, there is a small, detachable pocket, with Zipper.  Unzips to super soft, vintage Cream Velvet, perfect for storing jewelry.  Clutch has three zippered sections.

It sounds terrible, but one of my favorite things about this case is that it "smells vintage".  There is an air of Dust and a long forgotten Movie Star perfume to it...Like Violets, Roses, and Lilies.....  The clutch would be perfect just as a cute little Clutch to use for a Fancy night out on the town, and maybe I just might do that!!! Otherwise, I think the little Gold ribbon hook eyes at the top are going to hang from the back of the closet door, and then this Cheery Peachy Satin Case can hold some new items, like all of my Vintage Goodies collected so far!

 

I LOVE melted Jar type housewares.  I used to see a lot of them growing up....the melt down rings turn every piece into a fun maze your eyes can get lost in, while still being a practical household item.



I found the Dramatic Chipmunk at a Thrift Shop!


If you haven't seen Dramatic Chipmunk, well, Here you go:



Isn't he Evil?  Well, now I've got my own Dramatic Chipmunk/Prairie Dog suspiciously turning his head as I blog this!

Dramatic Music!

I'm glad that I usually collect and Find things that make me smile, though it seems I am so nerdy that my collection of stuff looks very odd to anyone external from my crazy little vintage world...

I know I've said many times that Gold is not my favorite metal, but I was drawn to this little brooch, and I feel it's one of my best finds this year...

It's a Flora Danica Original, of a little Rose or Flower Bud with leaves.  Flora Danica created these with sterling silver and gold plating, revolutionizing modern electro-plating with precious metals.  


It's hard to try and reproduce the intricate and unique nature of each little flower, leaf, or natural item cast by Flora Danica/Eggert, and I guess that's what makes it so special.  They truly don't make them like they used too.

 

I'm slowly trying to come up with accurate, concise descriptions for these on Etsy, and it's been just agonizing.  I used to sell on eBay, and found that it was extremely tedious to make sure you got things accurate.  Since a lot of potential customers on Etsy are very detail orienated, it's making it even harder to be creative, yet accurate!

Thanks for reading everyone!

Also Shared on:


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Comments

Janean said…
came over from colorado lady.

talon zippers! do they still make them? green glass is always beautiful.....
Hey there! I'm so glad you found my blog while blog hopping...I love new faces! :-)
Your vintage finds are lovely...there's just something about touching things from the past....wondering where they have been and who owned them. Such fun!
I hope you'll continue visit my blog and link up to Treasures and Trinkets Thursday. :)
Hugs!
Missy :)
LV said…
You have a great assortment of vintage goodies. I really enjoyed seeing them and your blog.
Tara Beaulieu said…
Oh my gosh your chipmunk/wood chuck or whatever he is is TOO FUNNY with the evil eye! I know what you mean about that vintage smell. Just opening up an old box of trunk can set off so many memories for me. Especially when it's something that once belonged to my grandmother. It's a great feeling! Happy VTT!
Great finds, stopping over from Missy's, pleasure to meet you, tami
Fun finds! Love the little butterfly clutch! Hopped over from Treasures and Trinkets...
Coloradolady said…
That chipmunk is just too funny...but I'd have purchased it too. I have never tried to sell on etsy, used to do ebay, but it got so time consuming. Happy VTT!
I love what you have here. They just don't make things like they used to, do they? All these vintage treasures have such a unique quality. I really do understand about the "smell" of vintage:)
Thanks for visiting with me.
Ordinary Hiker said…
Awe! Thanks guys! The Woodchuck/Prairie Dog/ChipMunk is adorable, and I think it's so silly that he reminds me of the popular internet Meme!

The Talon Zippers are hard to come by on information, and I really wish I could find more info about the Tourist Case, it's lovely, and I just picture it being whisked away to some European getaway by a Vintage Hollywood Celebrity!
JEANNE said…
Your post was so much fun to read today. Your vintage jewelry holder is so sweet. I think that maker made wallets or something like that. The small figurine is adorable what ever he is. The video is hilarious. the two faces mimic each other. The lovely pin is a treasure. Good luck with your etsy.
Hugs, Jeanne
Anonymous said…
Hi! Thanks for following my blog. Yours is great! I love that dramatic chipmunk, never get tired of watching that!
Ordinary Hiker said…
Hi Amanda (and everyone) thanks for stopping by! I love dramatic Chipmunk, and all the "remixes". My little brother and I had a Prairie dog as a pet for a short time (They got banned in Virginia for a while) and he would do that dramatic turn when you called his name, or if you were munching on something crunchy (Celery n' Chips)!

Popular Posts