Only at the Thrift Shop - Weird Vintage Finds.

So, the CheapGeek loves to do videos of the weird stuff we find at Thrift shops.  And my friend Phil always sends everyone on Facebook quick snapshots from his phone everytime he finds something funny, or extremely odd.

I've been on the hunt for weird figurines the past few weeks, as I've decided to start collecting weird, bizzaro, or inappropriate kitsch.  Things haven't been looking too bright lately, but that didn't stop me from looking on a recent trip to find some Hideous Winter/Christmas Cardigans (and I'm still looking for those).

Well, I got lucky this Saturday!


Raggedy Anne was one of the few dolls I bothered to play with when I was little.  Funny, as an adult, she's just another creepy Ginger.


I'm in America, where we have indoor plumbing, and the option of Bathroom Tissue, or Baby wipes.  This clearly wasn't made in the Colonial era, so why does this even exist?  I bet the artist titled this little masterpiece "...Or get off the Pot".



While these were both weird, they weren't figurines.  Sigh...I felt like I was going to leave the Thrift Shop empty handed (well, except for the CheapGeek's Daughters' awesome cardigan she found for $4)...

But then, behind some wretched bag of Apple Cinnamon Potpourri from  1983, I found it:




Isn't it terrible?  Horrid n' Horrifying?  Totally "WTF"?

It's a Cauliflower/Broccoli Poodle Monster!~  OMG AAAAA!!!!

This thing is so terrible, who thought this was a good idea?  You know who thought this would be a good idea?  ENESCO.  Yes, the people that made my awesome Vintage Sneaker Piggy Banks, and all those cool collectible Frogs from the 70's.  

This is totally going on my shelf, right next to my Giant Pig Figurine (Thanks Skip...) and my evil Chipmunk.


Also shared on:

MakingHOG





Thanks for reading guys!


- Posted using BlogPress from my Pretentious Phone Device.

Comments

From Gen to Gen said…
Ha! Thanks for for sharing --- it's always nice to have a good laugh about the things we find!
Blessings, Becky
that is very, very strange. how do these things get manufactured in the first place!
Little Penpen said…
would make a great gift at the family's dirty santa or white elephant gift exchange for christmas! :o)
Katherine said…
Just popping over from Coastal Charm. I've got my own weird collections, so I understand. And I love your stuff.

Popular Posts