W.I.P. At Work

So, I had a few moments of free time at work the past couple weeks to get a little bit of knitting or crochet done. I really wanted to make something small, but not too involved.



When I'm at work, I don't want to get too wrapped up in the pattern directions that I'm not focusing on my actual job. But I did want something that had some design and effort to it.


(This sock yarn has some amazing Blue, Grey, and Teal and then Blue again patterning in it!)


I decided i would make a hat! So, I scoured the Internet, and, would you believe it, there are very few Free Basic Knitting Patterns for Men's hats in Sock Weight yarn? I ended up using the basic directions I found for other yarn weights to make this hat for CheapGeek.

Here's my W.I.P. (Work In Progress) @ Work:











My biggest problem knitting at work or in public is other people. While you don't see other people talking to someone who looks like their reading a book, listening to music, or doing something, people always seem to think your not busy and can talk if you're knitting or crocheting. This happens at work, the doc office, waiting in line, etc... It's not that I'm not a friendly person, but that i'd like to focus on my knitting, otherwise, I wouldn't have brought it with me.

Well, despite minor annoyances, I did manage to finish my hat for CheapGeek. And, luckily, work has picked up, so less "idle fingers".









Thanks for Reading!

Also shared on:

Smiling Sally

- Posted using BlogPress from my Pretentious Phone Device.

Comments

SmilingSally said…
What a nice choice of yarn. Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday.
joyh82 said…
Looks great, wish I could do stuff like that. Have a great week!
Cheryl said…
Love the hat you made, I've been looking for a mens knit pattern too. Any chance you could share the pattern. Would like to make this in cam for dh. Thanks in advance. Cheryl
Ordinary Hiker said…
Hey Cheryl! Thanks for the compliment. I honestly didn't write down the pattern, but I'll try to take a look at the hat later and see if I can remember how many I cast on. I had a short pair of circs from Knitpicks, and I cast on the entire length of the needles, +18 stitches. I worked in the round stockinette for approximately 4 inches, and then started doing a 4 decreases on a row, every 5 rows. At the end, I ended up doing K4, Dec, until I got to about 16 stitches, and then decreased until I had a small amount of stitches to weave the yarn through all of them and pull tight. I'll try to look at the hat and see if I can get you some math. Again, thanks for the compliment!
Cheryl said…
Thanks for such a quick reply. I'll give it a try and check back for any updates you may have posted. Cheryl

Popular Posts