Pimps don't Cry (Happy Halloween)!

So, I didn't have the opportunity to go costume shopping for Bender Oak this Halloween.

We just got a place and for the price of a costume for a dog Ben's size, I could buy a new pair of shoes or 3 days worth of groceries.  So, instead, I decided to get creative.

I started to look online, and found a fantastic blog, Spindles and Spices, by Wild Tomato.   She's got a full array of costumes she designed for her furry friends, complete with patterns.  I'm so in love with these little costumes, I'll be making more for Bender.

After reading one of her patterns, "My Pimp Paw is Strong", I decided to make Bender Oak a Pimp this year.

Within the last half of a terrible Nicholas Cage movie, this is what I had accomplished:


A little Pimp hat and some Gold Chains.  That's real pimp, son!

I didn't have any feathers or Pimp Style ribbon in my craft stash, so I crocheted "Gold chain" around the hat, and stuck a feather from a Duster in there (fyi, I kinda messed up my duster, sigh...)

I made a couple of modifications, including the hat brim (I couldn't get it to stick out following the pattern, but my modification (crochet through front loop) was too drastic and made it roll a bit.

The modifications and crocheting are the easy part.  The hard part?  Getting Bender Oak to wear it.  We already have a tragically disturbing video of me trying to put it on him last night.  So... I had to be clever.

The early bird gets's its worm, so, I woke up before Bender did this morning (yes, my dog sleeps in).


I snuck in and put it on him while he was asleep on his Futon.  Plus, Bender is relatively chill in the mornings.

Ben woke up and was quite alarmed.  I attempted to dampen his annoyance with a Giraffe.

 

Bender Oak is the most loving, human friendly dog I know, so, it really hurts my feelings when Bender gives the "Death 2 Hoomins" look to me.




It ain't easy being a Pimp, pimpin' can really get ya down sometimes.

Just remember:

Pimps don't cry... No, Pimps don't cry..


Happy Halloween, everyone, and enjoy the Slideshow!



Thanks for reading, and Happy Halloween!

Also shared on:

Keeping It Simple Making Monday Marvelous Linky PartyMaking
The Girl Creative 

Comments

oh my gosh, that is too funny! i love his hat and chains, i swear i can see him walking with a cane and striding with one short step and one long. you know what i mean?
Unknown said…
Haha...that is one cooperative dog! Would you link this here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/falling-for-crafts-challenge-7-holiday.html
wildtomato said…
I love Bender! He's such a good dog model.

Popular Posts