Make it for Monday - Micro (SD) Geocache and FTF Gift!

My new hobby is Geocaching, and I've been doing it a lot lately.  I've wanted to start making more Geocaches to plant and let others find, and to start making my own little unique gifts to place in other people's Geocaches.  Well, on a day not suited for Geocaching, I sat down at my little Kitchen Table to make some Geo-swag (little gifts to put in Geocaches).  Unfortunately, my Kitchen table is used more for storage and knick-knacks than for food.  So I had to clear it off first.

That's when I realized some of the items on my table would do very well for Geocaching!

Look what I made!


I made a Micro Sized Geocache.  It's got a log, and a FTF ("First to Find") Gift in it.


This little cache is water proof, has a Log that's sealed in a waterproof baggie, and can easily be hidden due it's relative thin-ness and small size.

The Geocache/Cache container is a simple SD card container.  If your a nerd or photography nerd, you've got a few of these laying around your house!


I cleaned up my container and then added a Log.  I get my logs from Techblazer.com.  I like these logs because when you fold them, they also include an Info insert for non-Geocachers ("Muggles").  


They are hassle free to print out, and quick to print, cut, and create.


Added a little handmade keychain (More on that later), and Bam! Instant Geocache.  Just Add Coordinates, Lol.




Also shared on:

Keeping It Simple My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia    Making
The Girl Creative

Comments

Nancy McCarroll said…
Very clever, Omi! And creative!! Have fun.

Popular Posts