A Long, Drawn, Shadow...

Just a little essay accentuated by some of my favorite photos from Historic Suffolk (Cedar Hill Cemetery).


Sometimes, I feel like a long, drawn shadow has been cast over things.  This feeling lasts for a while, and it's a mood/phase that I've struggled dealing with for a large part of my life.  It comes and goes, but it's constantly lurking in the background, a challenge I deal with daily.

Some say it's a battle that will always be lost....


And at times, feel isolated, alone in the shadows whilst the rest of the world walks in the light.


Right now is one of those times for me.  At least I don't require sympathy, and certainly have no want of regret, but it just really feels like this:


I really dig this picture, even though it's not my best, and most people don't see the positives in the picture that make it my favorite.  It's too overwhelming to see the stark and gloomy.  There's a bunch of famous painters that are typecast the same way...  The glory and wonders that are within this picture are small, unremarked, and that makes them insignificant to the rest of the world, but very precious to me...

Right now, it's gloomy, almost frightening...


But for all those that feel casting light and putting things in their own perspective will make things right and light....


Exposing everything that exists under a massive, scrutinizing Eye...results in sickly overexposure.....

Which is why the world is truly:


Of both Shadow and Light.

I've been in a "funk" for over a month.  The new job, the new bits of stress in my life, and trying to balance that with the joy in life has been terrifying, and exhilarating.  

Recently, I got "kicked" while I was already down, and it really got to me.  My Blog's essentially Dead, My Etsy Shoppe neglected, and I haven't checked Facebook for weeks.  

And sometimes I wonder if those that like to kick ya when yer down don't do it out of tough love or out of courage, but rather, to expect the usual, to expect you to fall.  Fall to a more reasonable, even-headed, level.

So, let's try to do what I do best, and get out of this funk, and get out of this junk, and figure out how to deal with things...



Comments

Popular Posts