Creepy and Amusing - Historic Suffolk Cedar Hill Cemetery

I believe that while you are in a place of rest, you should be respectful, and observant of the general "purpose" for the area.

When we visited the Cedar Hill Cemetery in Suffolk, I felt the same way...However, I did find some things very odd, and while I did contain myself while in the Cemetary (Yes, I felt like if I started laughing or going 'OMG', some Confederate Soldier would rise up from the grave and punch me in the face), I just had to share some amusing stuff with my readers!

Yes, even in Death, this Gangsta be Crumping.  Awesome.  While that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this, I also tried to imagine the person this monument/gravestone was for.  And yes, the image that popped into my head was similar to an Ol' Mr. Scrooge fella that wore a top hat and hit orphans and puppies with a cane.

This isn't a grave stone, it's just point out the obvious.  Of Course there are shrubbery over there in the background....


 
I'm still a geek at heart.  So any references to Old School computer terms make me smile.  And this is definitely old school.  Apparently, "1337" ("LEET") is Dead.  Sure is, I'm not even sure how many young nerds know this term anymore....lol.



I don't find this grave funny at all, but I do think it's very Southern Pride of this person to have a grave with such a strong and definitive statement.  Even after death, people will know, This officer was "A Southern Christian Gentleman".

It is a little creepy when you really start reading your surroundings...

N = my name?  Kinda weird.

I officially creeped myself out when I discovered this.  This woman, with a very beautiful name (I love the name Belle, I just have to get past the Disney Character stereotyping for it, blargh!)....passed away on the day (day only folks!) of my birthday.  Creeped out!~

But what did I have to be afraid of?....

I cheered myself up when I walked past this:


Yeah, I went there, :) .  Glad to see I'm wasting all that artistic photography skill.

Thanks for reading, I'll post more later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha! That was hilarious! You think Mr. Dick planned that?

Popular Posts