Blue Monday - Blue Buddhas and Blue Bugs.

For Blue Monday, I wanted to share my little collection of random Thrift and Vintage Blue finds over the past few weeks.

The CheapGeek and I collect a lot of Buddha's.  We just dig them.  Regardless of any personal spiritual beliefs or foundations, the concept of Buddha and his story has appealed to us.  Plus, he's adorable.

 

We picked up this little pair of Blue Buddha's, and can't wait to figure out where to display them in the house. They are my favorite electric Aqua color.  The little duo aren't Book ends, and they have a weird hole in the back of them that would suggest incense holders, but there's no place for the incense smoke to rise out of...


But they are awesome.


There is a VW collection in my household.  The CheapGeek is obsessed with old school VW's, and every time I find something unique, I try to see if I can pick it up for him.

The Blue VW Bug in the back is an Avon container.  They came in Blue, Red, and Black, with the "Wild Country" cologne in it.  And should you find one with the cologne still in it, I'm fairly sure you can use that to strip the paint off your Classic Project car... :)

The little bug in the front has me confused.  He was actually in a grab back with a bunch of other little items (see the little elephant in the Buddha picture).  They all have a hole in the middle, going from the top, to the bottom, but I don't know what they are for.  It's pretty detailed, and has a lovely soft - powder -blue glaze to it.  If anyone has any ideas what it's for, send me a message or post a comment!

Thanks for reading!

Also shared on:

Smiling Sally

Comments

Popular Posts