The Big 3-0....

On Monday, Feb. 7th, it will be my 30th birthday.


The past year of my life has gone by so fast, and so many changes in my life have occurred.  I've been rather overwhelmed the past few weeks, and I woke up this weekend feeling exhausted, and like I had a terrible cold.  I know part of it is stress, and part of it is the shock to all the crazy in my life.  I feel like the only thing everyone sees is that I've been "Blog Fading", only because I can't find a way to really share all the happiness and craziness at the moment....Because, well, it's a blog.....

And when life is so jumbled and crazy, you just gotta say:



I saw this sign the other day, and today shared it with some people close to me so they could smile too...Because those that are important to me know that all you need is a smile sometimes.

Quietly, to kick off the next 1/3 of my life, a small gesture to the rest of the world:


I've started to enjoy my new hobby of Geocaching a lot more lately.  I've neglected my Vintage and Antiques, and instead of getting grumpy because I don't get to spend hours knitting, I spend hours plotting out new Geocaches, and trying to come up with new Geocaching adventures that Bender Oak and the CheapGeek will enjoy.  I encourage everyone to sign up for a free account at Geocaching.com:  it's a great way for nerds to get outside in the sunlight and learn about something other than leveling up a Palladin or critiquing a comic book, and it's a fun way to get your kids into something essential: Learning your Surroundings and being comfortable with Technology and Nature.    

I haven't accomplished that sweater I had really hoped all year to make by my 30th birthday, and that really, really disappoints me because it was the one thing I had wanted to accomplish before hitting the 30th mile marker.  Yes, some people want fame and fortune by the time they hit middle age, I just wanted to finish a pair of socks or a sweater that I could actually wear.  Whether it was difficulty learning, finding time to learn and knit/crochet, or just getting away from everyone and everything to devote time to a project for myself, it just never happened.  But I think you might enjoy my greatest crafty accomplishment this year:


It's a little crocheted Amigurumi VW Bus.  I designed and crocheted it myself.  It took a couple of months to plan it out, a month to make and then a couple of weeks to re-make.  I couldn't find a Crochet VW Bus/Camper anywhere online (only a crochet Beetle, or a Knitted Bus), and since I wanted to do something super important for the CheapGeek, what better way than to use all my knowledge, and ingenuity to design my own version of his favorite thing: The Bus.  I'm rather proud of it, and I hope you guys like it too.  I'm hoping to make a few more, maybe sell some in the Handmade section of my Etsy Shop (which is having a 35% off Sale right now).

(made a little matching VW Bus and Campers Bag too, and the Card is available on Etsy).

So, my 30th in a nutshell.  Though the Nutshell doesn't officially crack until Monday, Lol.

Thanks for reading, and look forward to posting soon!




Comments

Popular Posts