Geocaching For Dummies (like me)!

With all the sudden things going on in my life, I haven't been able to do a bunch of the great hobbies I've picked up over time...  One of them being my new hobby, Geocaching.

Well, last night, I uploaded my 2nd Geocache!

And today, I went Night-caching (Hunting for a Geocache after dark)!

And what did I learn?    If you're new at something, you have to keep up with it, otherwise, you'll make some rookie mistakes.

My Geocache that I placed is nearby my house, but when I submitted it, I failed to realize I uploaded the coordinates to a Way Point, rather than the actual location of my little mini-treasure, sigh...  Shoulda read the manual for my GPS, a Magellan Triton.

Well, what happened?  While I was at work, a trio of Geo-cachers went looking for the cache, and ended up very disappointed.

I felt terrible.  As soon as I got off work, I went down and tried to correct the error.  Sigh... Bender Oak the dog and I were really hoping to be good at this, and here I am making some silly rookie mistakes!

I plan on planting a few more caches in my neighborhood.  I've been making little keychains and putting them in each of the caches I've created, and I hope to eventually stick a few of the good keychains to some Travel Bugs, which will help track their journey through the world!

Tonight I went Night-caching, and figured I should pick a safe place near Chesapeake to go hunting.  Egad!  It was dark, and I was disappointed to find my batteries in my flashlight were well worn out.  I went out with the hopes of finding 4 caches, and only managed to find 1.  And it was an "Evil" one (Evil meaning the cache is disguised in a way that may easily confuse both Geocachers and Regular Passerbys).

I'm not gonna say which cache I managed to find, but here's a glimpse of it:


See that?  Looks like an ordinary light pole that needs to be fixed by the City.  Wrong!  You gotta be savy to the ingenuity of Crafty/Clever people.

Well, that's enough for now, I just wanted to vent.  Here's a little clip of our Geocaching Family being silly, and nearly killing and iPhone.


Comments

Laurynomaly said…
I saw this and I thought of you.

http://superpunch.blogspot.com/2011/01/cthulhu-loves-to-crochet.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+SuperPunch+(Super+Punch)

Popular Posts