Brass Ducky, that Funky Duckie... Brass Ducky!

I've never been terribly fond of Brass, like Brass Statues, jewelry, or Figurines.  I always figured that Brass Trinkets from Thailand were just items you used to fillup a Head Shop as a way to distract cops from the Obvious fact Bongs and Bowls were sold at the Head Shop...But there have been many passing fads where Brass was the next best thing to Silverware and Silver Goods.

But there is a whole genre of Brass Collecting, and while small, I was amazed at a lot of the adorable and intricate Brass items out there.


 Curious, I went hunting through my local Thrifts, and found some cute stuff!

This Brassy Tin box is in "Fair" condition (like, this thing "Faired the effects of a Tornado well")... At first, I assumed it was just a cheap Knock-off Trinket box from the mid-90's when everyone was going all Old Romantic Home style.  I looked it up, and it turns out Louis Sherry was actually a company from the 1920's and on.  This tin probably held Coffee, Candy, or Treats!  I love the script on it, and one of my favorite flowers, Violets, circle around some perfect Vintage Awesomeness.

 

Ducks.  Ducks are like the unmentioned Owl of the "Retro Kitsch" world.  Everyone I know probably grew up at one point with a Tacky Country-Style Primitive Kitchen, with Ducks on their curtains or napkin holders.  While this phase of home fashion led many of us 30-somethings to dig absurd creatures like Owls, Raccoons, and Squirrels, you have to admit, Ducks are Adorable.  And so is this little guy I found in the very back of a shelf jammed full of Trinkets and Figurines!

 He looks almost cartoon-ish!  Oddly, If you shake him, you hear something rattling around inside.  There's no openings, so I'm not sure exactly how something got inside him, or what could be in there.  Kinda Weird...



My favorite little thing about this Duck is that he's only 2 inches tall, and 3 inches long (from cute little beak to tail).  A little cute duck that can fit in the palm of your hand!



Thanks for reading everyone!

PS: Starting at 2pm today, I'm having an End of the Year Sale in my Etsy Shop through most of December.  Come Pick up some great Vintage Items at a Decent price, and help me clear the way for more Tasty Vintage Goodness in the LeftOvers4Dinner Etsy Shop!  I'll also be posting new items, and major destash Craft/Vintage/Oddities at some End of the Year/Get this off my Hands prices, so check in frequently.


Also Shared on:

Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingPhotobucketcalm+breeze+banner+friday.jpg

Comments

Shannon said…
I love vintage finds like this. I must check out your etsy shop!

Popular Posts