White Wednesday - They Come in Threes...

Ya'll remember the Vintage First Aid Kit and Antique re-purposed First Aid Cabinet I posted about? If not, click HERE.

Well, Look what I came across this weekend?

The "New" Old First Aid Kit (far left), the 70's First Aid Kit (center), and the Bajillion Years Old First Aid Cabinet (Background)
Yep, another First Aid kit, and this one had some awesome history and stories within....




The BF and I stopped in at a new local shop that's really started to pick up some interesting inventory...Check out the CheapGeek's Blog post about a really cool Radio Receiver he picked up, for a $1.00!!! The prices are fairly good at this place, and it's always good to dig, otherwise, you'll miss something awesome.  We almost missed the Radio Receiver, and while we were walking out, we noticed this First Aid box sitting on the ground, in a corner.

I opened it to take a quick look inside, and quickly closed it up, ran inside, and bought it.

Take a look:



I was really happy to see this little sign.  Growing up, I used to see a lot of signs similar to these in the lower levels of Portsmouth Naval Hospital.  The lower floors and the one sub floor patients could go into still had many things that needed to be updated, like this sign.  I can't imagine a Doctor Smoking, or Drinking while running blood work or worse, treating some patient...


I rarely find old Pill Bottles in this area, unless their already in an Antique Shop, so these were a very pleasant surprise. 


It turns out two of them aren't that old, they were produced after pharmacies started to introduce plastic (as opposed to Glass), but still old enough that "Child Safety Caps"  weren't around...

So, I'm pretty happy with this little First Aid Kit, and all the cool trinkets I found inside.  This one is in a lot better condition.... Less Lead Paint, Lots more Potential!!!...

Oh! I'm heading down to Carolina for Turkey Day, and since signal/internet/everything is spotty in that specific area, I just wanna leave ya'll with a smile while I take a little trip.  Hey, maybe, on my trip..... I'll End Up on a Boat!


Look how cheery these chippy little Antique Asian Characters are on their little Boat!  


Honestly, when I saw this adorable pair, I thought of the most silliest Boat related thing I could think of... So Goodnight all, and have a little laugh while I get ready for my little Trip (non-Boat Trip).



Also Shared on:


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
http://www.thethriftyhome.com

Comments

Love the First Aid Kit! Great find!

Jane
Flora Doora
I agree with Jane...that FIRST AID kit is sooooo awesome!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Popular Posts