Two Crochet Shawls Update

So, crochet shawls update.  I spent most of my Sunday updating online stuff, but I did spend a couple of hours watching TV and crocheting.

The bright, kettle-dyed Aqua shawl is still sitting on my desk, however, I have made a bunch of progress on my Noro Shawl.

Take a look:



Noro yarn is supposed to be known for it's long, random color repeats, but it still holds true one fact:  All striped or color-repeat yarn is dyed for knitting gauge, very few are dyed for crochet gauged work.

If you notice, in one of the pictures, there's a little tangle of orange/red yarn at one of the shawl tips.  Well, I wanted to try and make the colors more uniform, so what I did was:

-When I did the Turning Chain, I chained 2, then, on the third chain stitch, I pulled up a loop of the next color repeat, since it was going to be so abruptly in the middle.  I took the next color, yarned over with it, and then did my 4th chain stitch with the new color, hence, starting off the row with only one funky color stitch.

I'm working on it as we blog, and already the colors are starting to bleed over into the next row, but since the first part of the shawl is a gentle transition of color, the larger sections of the shawl are okay blending together....

I dig it.  I don't stick with traditional Seasonal colors.  My fall Rainy Weather Triangle Shawl is gonna be a Rainbow of Cob-webby Lace!  Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts