Thrift Shop Find - Old Books, And slightly Less Old Owls.

I went to the Thrift Shop in the hopes to find some old, beat up LEGOS, to help with a Top-Secret, super awesome Blog Post for you guys about Photography....But alas, no Legos....

Instead, since I was in the same section, I found some super cute Retro Owls to put on my walls!


These super cuties are going to look awesome in my little studio office. I'm trying to go for the Shabby Chic/Crazy Crafter look in my little studio office, and Owls are perfect.  I've fallen for bunnies, penguins, and puppies, but lately, it's been Owls (and Ben, always Bender)....Owls are a little more sophisticated (then bunnies), and Super Intelligent, lol.

...And what goes well with super smart, always telling you how many licks to get to the center of your Tootsie Pop Owls?

Old Books.


I literally stumbled across these while looking for LEGOS....


These are all Children's books, but for some reason, I really dug them.


The slightly beat up brown one is a Childrens Literature book.  Publish Date: 1932


I don't know why I like old books, considering that books are hard to come by, or all the old ones are beat up (or crazy expensive), but I love to look through them, and some of them I read....

Plus, look at the pictures!



Well, off to go take more pictures, and work on the new eBay stuff and since it's a pretty day, try and take some photos for my blog!


Comments

Amy said…
I love your ideas! I gave my grandma a set of owls similar to those as a kid. I bet they are long gone now. Cool find!
Nancy McCarroll said…
I have old books and can't find anyone who will take them. After seeing that illustration of the boy and girl, I realize some of my mother's primers have that same stylized look in the pictures she once gazed on. Happy fiber...am friending you on ravelry.
Ordinary Hiker said…
Hey you guys! Thanks for your comments!

I used to have a little figurine that looked just like the Owls I got. I used to play with it and read to it like a teddy bear because someone told me Owls were super smart, lol.

I love old books, I'd like to one day collect them, but you have to either have a wad of cash saved up, or get really lucky at the Thrift Shop. The beautiful picture reminds me of a sketch I saw in an old diner that I had the best apple pie in....

Popular Posts