It's the little things. The really cute, small, inexpensive little things...

Argh! I was working on stuff yesterday afternoon and Blogger accidently posted this before I got a chance to add all the photos and edit the links!  So sorry ya'll.  Here's the corrected post!

I picked up a batch of vintage buttons at the store the other day. There were some really super neato ones in my little bag of goodies.... Super tacky, super cute, and some that I definitely plan to use on my own projects....



I thought that maybe I could just put all the ones I didn't want to use on my crochet work into a cute little jar, or make a decorative sewing basket.


 But this is a better idea, since they won't be adding to clutter or sitting around in a pretty vase that Bender can knock over!

I made some cards earlier this month:



but I glued everything on.  If there's a way to attach the buttons so that a fellow crafter could use them, that would be awesome, it would be a cute, handmade, and relatively inexpensive Card & Gift rolled into one!

I also found this little link here:

How to Make Button Pipe Cleaner Displays   -I'm still tentative on this one.  I'm not sure if it's tacky or not, since I have been convinced by the beautiful photography that it would look cute.  In Real Life, I'll secretly try it out and see how it looks...

PS: I made my First Ebay Sale!  This is going towards my Donations and Fundraising Goal for Black Mountain!

Check it out:

BenderOak+Gifts+Blog

Thanks everyone!  And remember, the Comments contest Ends in the middle of September (I wanted to run it for one full month)!

The Donations contest is still active, and if there are no/not enough entries, the prize will be re-vamped a bit and posted sometime later in September.  I created a new simple Donations button on the right side of my blog, with a no limit donation.  Remember, if I get more than 3 donations this month, everyone that donates will be entered into the drawig.

PS: Did you like the photos in this post?  If so, I'll be posting a Photo Tips Post in the next two days using some of the photos from this post.  My tip for Photography will be about taking pictures of Small or Detailed items, which is known as Macro Photography or Digital Macro Photography.

Comments

Popular Posts