For the Love of Ravelry, and all things Fibery. Oh, and Wonderful Customer Service!

Let's just say you're driving down to Black Mountain, North Carolina....

If you are ever stuck in the parking lot of a Bojangles because you really, really wanted some Dirty Rice and a Biscuit, and your trusty 2001 sedan decides it no longer wants to work despite spending two hours nearly taking the whole Dash and Ignition mechanism apart... Maybe it's time you call Boyd Chevrolet before your Darling Boyfriend and Darling Dog pass out from Heat Exhaustion.  You know, just in case that exact situation ever happens.

Honestly, I've been putting off buying another car, as the last time I bought a car, it was traumatic enough to start going to therapy.  

Mr. Donnie Jarrett, and Brandon Boyd, of Boyd Honda/Chevrolet were a pleasure to work with, and, extremely kind.

We called them with the above "hypothetical situation", and Donnie answered the phone.  I've never heard of a car dealership picking you up from a "Hot" situation (102F degrees that day), but Mr. Donnie was nice enough to pick me, Greg, and BenderOak up in a shiny new leather interior Impala.  I won't even put Mr. Drools-a-Lot in a leather interior car.  

Boyd Chevy/Honda specializes in New, Pre-owned, and Factory Program cars.  You think "I need a used car" and that you may end up in a dark, creepy, Bar-like place that's full of seedy, greasy people.  Boyd Chevy/Honda is not that way.  Even their Service shop is extremely clean, organized, and High tech.  

Bender got to sit inside with us, and Mr. Brandon fell in love with him.  It was cute that in the span of a few hours, Bender Oak got himself some water, cookies, pizza, a new Friend.... Oh, and a nice Shiny Certified Program Vehicle to lay in on trips.  When Brandon wasn't complimenting him, Bender made himself comfortable by sitting himself uncomfortably close to Mr. Donnie... I think Bender really liked Donnie, just didn't know anything about "personal boundaries", lol.


This is Bender, looking around for the Finance Manager, he's fairly interested in any pre-owned Trucks that can drive him to the Doggie Bakery.



Bender's new Friend, Mr. Brandon.  It's cute seeing two Southern Boys sitting around, just looking at stuff...You can be friends with Mr. Brandon too on Facebook.

So, here you have it, I got a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer LT.  It's got a Tow Kit pre-installed, and had extremely low mileage on it.

I know all my friends have smaller, "economical" cars, but I've needed something larger for a while.  Something that can haul lumber from Lowes, Parts from the Junkyard, zombie corpses, and Angry Alpacas, yet still have a great interior that comfortable sits Bender, the BF, and two teenagers..I do all these things on a regular basis (except for the Alpacas....gimme a year!), so it does not make sense for me to purchase a smaller vehicle.... I'd like to see my friend Erik try to put a whole dresser in the back of his S2000.

Well, Mr. Donnie was supposed to have our plates sent to us, but there  was a mix up in the paper work (small genuine mistake), so I had to go to the DMV and order all new plates.  The night before (late, 3am), I was on the DMV website, and couldn't find anything Crochet or Yarn related that wasn't taken.  
They called my number, and everything started moving so fast and efficiently (a first)....When the nice gentleman asked what I would like for my Vanity Plate....Well, it just came out... Blurp.... as the great GhostBuster Dr. Raymond Stantz put it: "I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.".... 

The DMV gentlemen had no idea what I was talking about, and asked me to spell it twice...

But two weeks later, here it is!


And yes, that is my drill, that my BF put my name on....and no, I do not constantly lose my drill bit....Thank you for asking.

I love Ravelry, it's the only online Knitting and Crochet community that isn't just knitting with a little bit of crochet, it's an entire resource of patterns, information, and people.  It makes it easier for me to meet other people and make friends, and also to get help when I'm stuck on something.  Ravelry is the only place that 

PS: In the next couple days, I'm gonna turn this into a Button and share it on this site and on Ravelry!  If anyone would like to help set this up for a button to Ravelry, lemme know!







If you like the Tag, share a comment, and don't forget the Donations and Comments Contests!



Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL that great.... was looking at the picture your wearing my shirt ( TARADIS getting into a time accident with the DeLorean. Need to post my licenses plate on my blog its TARADIZ (taradis was taken)
Anonymous said…
opps i meant TARDIS keep spelling everything wrong lol and liscense plate is TARDIZ *
Ordinary Hiker said…
ROFL.... I love this shirt.... I got it off Shirt.Woot (http://shirt.woot.com/) and it's so awesome. Only problem is, it shrunk a little!

We should both work on Doctor's Scarves, though I did see a nice "Rose's Scarf" pattern on Ravelry!

I think I've seen your License plate!?!
Anonymous said…
I live in the Hampton roads area too... live on the peninsula.... you might have seen it.

Try to start a doctor who Scarve and got distracted.

got my shirt from woot too i bought 2 size just in case it shrunk
Cindi said…
Yay Ravelry, is the first place I found my first pattern, only of course after I bought four knitting books and realized that there were actually FREE patterns out there. I'm so backwoods I never dreamt of a whole community of people sharing and caring! Alas, forty bucks down drain but that lead to a whole new world. :)

Popular Posts