Breakfast without Carbs, or how I came to know what a Frittata was.

So, I'm struggling to lose weight, as people who are diagnosed with pre-diabetes and diabetes often do.  I've seen some crazy commercials on the TeeVees and on Hulu about drugs for losing weight with Diabetes, but I'm pretty sure that's not for me.

Anyhow.  A couple weeks ago the Boyfriend picked up the Atkins For Life Diet Book, and I checked out the Atkins Diabetes Revolution from the Cradock Library.  The Induction Phase was a little hard for me (I put myself at 30 carbs a day, he tried to stick around 20).  Well, he lost 15-17lbs.  I lost 13.

I need to put myself through the Induction Phase again, but we are still trying to stay below 30-40....It's so hard to be on a diet, even a simple one like Atkins, when you're on vacation!  There's no such thing as something Carb-Free at Fast Food Restaurant (on my budget, I can't afford to go to Panera Bread or P.F. Changs at every Highway exit when traveling, though I would LOVE some P.F. Changs...plus, on the East Coast, you can bring Bender Oak inside!).  And once you arrive at your destination, it's hard to explain that you're dieting to your Hosts.  Granted, some people may understand you're on a diet, and try to hand you Sugar-Free or Fat-Free items, but most of those have high amounts of Carbohydrates, or sketchy stuff that has Sugar Substitutes in it.

Cooking for myself has been my salvation.  I'm not even that great of a cook, and "Presentation is seriously Lacking", but I'm still proud of myself.  My Dad is an excellent cook, maybe one day I'll take after him.

The other day, I made a Frittata for Breakfast!   Here's how it came out:



A Frittata is pretty much an Omelet, from what I gather.  Except that I didn't completely smother it in Cheese and Texas Pete.

Only problem, doing the dishes after I cook.  Too bad Bender doesn't have hands.  He loves my cooking.

Comments

I'm new to blogging myself, I plan on a diet blog, so am interested in all things diet.
http://angel2shinescorpio.blogspot.com
Beautiful wallpaper and template.
Ordinary Hiker said…
Sweet! I'll be mixing it up to add more content on my site, since I'm trying to eat with no/low carbs, and no chemical sugar substitutes either!

Popular Posts