1 Pattern, 2 Shawls, aka - Rustic Rainbow of Radness

I found a nice, easy-going Crochet Pattern by Milobo on Ravelry, called Eva's Shawl.  It's really nice, and the pattern lends itself well to different adaptations, and works with many different weights of yarn.

I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with this shawl.  My first attempt was out of Elsbeth Lavold's Hempathy, but I changed my mind (plus, it was really heavy after only a few rounds), and wanted to try Lace.

I had two skeins of Lace, one ball of Noro Sekku, and a skein of Shadow Kettle Dyed Lace I got on Clearance at Knitpicks.

The results after a few rounds are amazingly different, but really pretty.  I like both, so I'm gonna stick with both and see how they both turn out.
  


The Noro Sekku looks all hap-hazard, 


But once it's blocked (it's cotton, so it's gonna be a firm, rough block)...I think it will look like a Rustic Rainbow of Radness

Here's a slideshow of the Progress So far, and what happens when you get caught up crocheting, and Bender is bored and wants your attention:

Comments

Popular Posts