Soak your Toes

Three things I love that aren't my Boyfriend or Bender: Yarn, Old Stuff, and Smelly Stuff...

For a couple weeks now, I've been completely frustrated with starting a new Knit or Crochet Project... I've had to Frog my Rebecca Vest (Blueprint Crochet: Modern Designs for the Visual Crocheter) and my Textured Tunic... So, I started to get into some other projects, like making my new bathroom pretty (just decorative stuff) and making Bath n' Body stuff to take baths with...





I've started small, as seriously creating bath products that I like is a steep financial investment.

Here's some bath soak I made:




The blue Bath Soak is a mixture of Himalaya Salt, Epsom, Dead Sea Salt, Sodium BiCarbonate, and Dendritic Salt... I used food grade coloring and a specially blended interpretation of oils mimicking my favorite perfume...It's recommended to use soap dyes to color your bath and body products, but since this is for myself, and I'm obsessive about cleaning my tub, I've added a tiny couple of drops to this stuff for a cool, calm blue color.  The Soap dyes and coloring are on their way in the mail anyways.

I used a really cool old candy jar I found in a thrift shop (It says "Mint Discs" imported by the Candy Man from DenMark!)...




This and the small Ball brand canning jar are scented with Olive Blossoms and olive leaves, so I have matching Glycerin Soap, Shower Gel (that I'm gonna use as bubble bath), and Bath Soak.

I had to search a while for a sensitive skin unscented shower gel base, and I make soaps using a gentle, vegan friendly glycerin shaving soap... Shaving soap has more lather, and I come from the belief that Bubbles = Goodness.

I think old jars are awesome.  I'm really starting to dig them and I'm thinking I might look into how much it would cost me to develop that as a hobby (too many hobbies).  The mini Ball Brand Canning Jar is new, unused (bought new), but I'll be using those to make some very retro -Primitive Americana style crafts for family.  I've only got a couple of old jars right now, and I want more to put all my crazy bath creations or small gifts in.




All this quick crafting to use in an awesome old Clawfoot Tub...




I love my tub, and now I can make stuff to make Baths an Awesome Experience! You should Go take a Bath! Maybe I can make you some soap sometime?....





PS: All of the pictures above (except for one) were taking with the "HipstaMatic" app on my iPhone.   A few of my Apple Fanboy friends use this app, but then again, so do a lot of the retro-photogs type friends I have.  I just like it because I was a kid that grew up with a lot of old photos, and it makes me smile.  I still need to play with the app a little more, but it's cool.


- Posted using BlogPress from my Pretentious Phone Device.

Comments

Popular Posts