New Store - LeftOvers4Dinner

I went on vacation a couple weeks ago, and my life has been turned completely upside down (but not in a terrible, awful, Lifetime Movie way), and I need to catch up on a few things.

Look for a great review/interview of Black Mountain Yarn Shop,  my new forays into other arts and crafts, and some new knitting projects I've started.

For now, I've come to realize that there is such a large market for larger crochet items, that it's hard to break through.  I've had very few sales through Bender Oak Gifts on Etsy, though I provide items using high end and unusual yarns, as well as customized requests, special orders, and I'll even work with people on creating a really interesting keepsake within their budget.  I'm researching ways to break through and reach a larger, interested audience, but keep falling short.  I'm starting to really slash prices, so if you haven't already, check out BenderOak Gifts on Etsy, and see if there's anything you might like.  I plan on re-designing the business model, and as much as I hate to, start moving toward smaller accessory items and toys.  I have some nifty ideas for accessories, and I'll be working on those in the next couple of months.  Stay tuned for a re-launched BenderOak Gifts Etsy shop.

I've started to realize with the way business has gone with the crochet item online, my best bet is to keep pushing forward with smaller, more unique accessory items, such as pins, brooches, Amigurumi, Jewelry, and Household items (ALL CROCHET!!!)  That, and if I spend 20 hours working on a Shawl, it kinda hurts my feelings if that shawl sits in the shop for months, unsold.

In the meantime, I have started to explore my old interests, Vintage, Kitsch, and Retro items.  I'm in love with old stuff, but I find that many times, I grow out of old stuff, or I really buy it because I think it would suit a different type of person that I know (or know of).  I used to collect Vintage Clothes, and still have a stash of those tucked away, and I have more Vintage and Kitsch trinkets than I know what to do with.

... So....I've opened a different store!!!  BenderOak Gifts would now like to present: Leftovers4Dinner!!!!  This is my new shop, and it's doing fairly well, I'm so amazed and happy!  I encourage you to take a look, read each listing, and see if there is anything you like.  If now, there's definitely something to make you smile, I can't help being funny at heart.

I'll be posting more really cool vintage items, as well as books, magazines, and retro yarn in the upcoming weeks.

Now, if you don't excuse me, time to do some Vintage Jewelry photography!

Comments

Popular Posts