A post a Day....

Well, we finally moved into the new place we are renting, but things have still been terribly busy, so I haven't been able to post, or craft. Both of which help me keep my sanity.

Speaking of sanity, the past couple of months have been stressful, and lacking in clarity. Most days, by the middle of the afternoon I couldn't do much of anything, sore joints, and I couldn't count the rows on a one stitch pattern dishcloth. I finally went to the doctor, and found that I am pre-Diabetic (brought on by PCOS), and I had a pretty bad Vitamin D deficiency. I'm on the mend with a new diet to lose weight and with the help of modern medicine, I'm slowly doing better. Now to take on that Filet Lace shawl, blogging on a regular basis, and jogging/exercise, lol!

Anyways, back to crafting. With my concentration coming back, I've picked up a few things... I'm taking on the socks Liz and Deva tried to teach me, and...Something new.

I've always wanted to create yarn, but just like knitting, i found the process intimidating.




I got a really cool book a month or two ago, and just decided to crack it open. I'm using a lump of wool-blend from back when I needle-felted, and it's turning into a super bulky weight.



See? I'm reading from my new book, and using videos from HowCast & Youtube, but I know I've got a long way to go before I've figured it all out.










Since my mind has been pre-occupied lately (bills, moving, insulin resistance, work, etc...), I've been itching to crochet something, but nothing that required too much thinking. This little Amigurumi guy was fairly fun to crochet, and I got to practice my terrible seaming skills. She's a cute little Stuffie, though I did forget to make her tail.











Okay, that's it for now. Little rusty on the blogging, i'll be sure to come up with some more interesting content soon!


- Posted using BlogPress from my Pretentious Phone Device.

Comments

Popular Posts