Just a little "colorful" highlight of things to come.

I've got three or four projects up in the air right now, and not a lot in my head to create a substantial post, but here's some cool things I'm going to be working on....














The book on the right, Reader's Digest Step by Step Guide to Creative Hobbies is one of the best old books I've ever bought.  This book was one of those amazing books in my parent's library, and it was full of interesting things.  There's a whole section on spinning, weaving, and dyeing your own yarn and fibers, along with step by step directions for stuff that would be awfully useful in the coming End Times, lol.















That's right.  I'm gonna be dyeing my own yarn.  I have so many great yarns stashed about, but honestly, I don't like the colors  anymore.  Only a few of them are pure wool, so I'm going to have to do a lot of experimentation with cottons, blends, and rovings left over from when I got overly excited at becoming a Needle-felting artist (more on that in another post in the distant future)....  I'm really excited, but there's so much prep work to dyeing your own yarn.  It takes longer to skein up and Knot your yarn than it does for some dyes to work.

I'll be using Kool Aid, Food Coloring, and Natural Dyes (Thanks to the Reader's Digest book).  I'm using these because I tend to be a bit sensitive to chemicals (I have to go run errands when the Boyfriend blends natural detergents for soaps).

Wish me luck.  It's gonna be fun.  And if anyone has any suggestions regarding Natural Dye sources I can find in Nature, lemme know!

Comments

Popular Posts