New Years, New Food

Everyone has New Years Resolutions, and most of those include losing weight or eating Healthy.

My Household is no different, except, well, we are lazy, and cheap.

Last year, with the economy and all, my boyfriend and I ate on a dime. Granted it shows, but we're awfully proud of it.  Like an entire dinner from the Dollar Store:



(Everything in the above slideshow came from a local dollar store. Yep, even the wine!)

Bender Oak needs to start eating food that was made for him, DOG Food, not people food.

We are also concerned about his health. If he really does have Rotweiler in him, then Hip Dysplasia and typical health issues that large dogs encounter are a big concern.
For Xmas, my dad got him some new Gentle Stomach dog food.  I think the food cost more than we paid for Bender.

I wanted a safe place to keep it, but I'm also tight on space in my little house.

Solution?

Pet Posture-Feeding Stand Food Storage.



That's killing two birds with one stone.

I don't have to pay for some sort of special dog table , and his new food stays super fresh just like the first day I ripped the bag open the wrong way and spilled it all over the floor.  That fresh.  Plus, I feel better and not as lame explaining a big ol Grey Tupperware Box in the Kitchen than I would explain some lame product from the same people that brought you Doggy Steps.

It's taken some adjustment, but Bender does like that his water bowl doesn't slide around as much anymore.  Since he likes dining at the living room table so much (he tries to lick my plate when I'm eating and watching TV), this is the same height as the living room table.  So, hopefully, he thinks he's important.

Of course, he doesn't like his nice new food that my Dad got him, and after a couple of weeks, he's gone back to begging and groveling for what's on our plates.

Luckily, I'm trying awfully hard to make all the meals on our plates contain more than a giant starch and a little bit of soy protein mixed with meat....And Texas Pete....Lot's of it.



Yeah, alot of this is standard food you'd expect in most average households, but we are trying to keep some flavor, and also retain the feeling of a quick, home-made meal. Only a few of us had mom's that made "home-made organic low impact" something, so a lot of the meals some people suggest to me,  just aren't cozy, and lack the flavor I grew up with. I adjust fairly well (with one exception, I must have white rice).  Also, I'm not going to go to an organic store and get hustled into paying $9+ per plate for ingredients/food to eat something that isn't enjoyable...  If I can just plan traditional American Family meals with a decent amount of spices, lower sodium, and a "set" (not restricted, but expected) starch/carb count, and eat those on a regular basis, it will work towards a long goal of starting to be healthier.  Anyways, making a slideshow of the above pictures is a lot better than a slideshow of me, the dog, and the Boyfriend eating pre-cooked box pizzas, chips, and soda for a whole week (Yes, that did happen and I'm ashamed).

I don't want the Boyfriend eating his meal, and then snacking on a big bag of Nacho Cheese Super Bad for you 20 minutes after he eats. Trying to come up with more meals, with simple vegetables that you can add pepper, chili pepper, and garlic too, well, that's mostly working!

Comments

Popular Posts