It's my Birthday, and I'll eat fruit if I want to, eat fruit if I want too...

2/7 Is my Birthday, and I had a nice, relaxing, no-big deal B-day at home.

On Friday and Saturday, Virginia suffered "Son of Stormageddon", and I woke up with a horrible Weather-Change Headache, so, I stayed at home.  I'm officially old enough to laugh at other people who suggest I should be out partying!

Plus, which is more fun, $12 Apple-tinis, or winding over 4,000 yds of yarn for projects in my upcoming year?

Anyhow, the biggest message I forced across to myself is "It's okay to chill out, and there's only a few things to stress over this year".

Like:

Making my first sweater that is everything I want, made out of just the right yarn, and  has a fit better than any store-bought sweater.

Working on my tiny little Etsy shop.

And teaching.  I'm awfully good at promoting, tutoring, and teaching about Crochet, I need to do it more.  Not for money, though that would be great, but just to better my abilities at interacting with people, and to prove to myself that I can educate people with important knowledge about Fiber Arts that so many individuals in my local area don't provide to students.

Anyhow, here's a little awesome non-fiber/non-yarn slideshow of my Birthday:



Hopefully, I'll get twice as many strawberries next year!

PS: Thank you Lauryn and Beales for the Fruitty Cup of Awesome.  I got a Greg-size Coffee cup with fruits and flowers/stars shaped like fruit sticking out of it.  Plus, it was a non-rude reminder that I need to eat better (I would rather have Lauryn hand me fruit than have people tell me I look malnourished)!!! I ate half the arrangement for breakfast.  So delicious, and apparently, I like HoneyDew Melon (green) a little bit, and I don't like Cantaloupe (orange), but I ate it anyways because I need all the fruit I can get.  Feeling like Scurvy over here...My Favorite part, A PINEAPPLE STAR.  I was the Fruity Fairy Princess of Pineapple today, thanks to Lauryn!

My boyfriend got me a simple, silver necklace (Go Silver, Boo Gold...).  It's an Hourglass with little bits of sand and crystal!  I never even told him that I really dig Hourglasses and Timekeepers.

My Boyfriend's daughter made an awesome Funfetti Cake.  During the month of Feb., there's Valentines FunFetti.  It's awesome.  I don't like the way store-bought sheet cakes taste, big time.  I'm okay with some local bakeries, and if I had the time, I would make cake's from complete scratch, but my favorite cake comes straight 'from the box' (with a little extra water and egg).

We had wings too!  But they were so delicious and disappeared so quickly (burP!) that there aren't any pictures.

So, overall, good Birthday, and I'll be bringing in a new year of my life with a horrible bellyache for the next two days.

Comments

Popular Posts