Crochet Me website gets a Makeover

Jan 28th, 2010, Interweave launches a new website for the long standing "Crochet Me" website and online community.

Check out the press release here.

Years and Years ago, when I decided to go online and try to find resources regarding crochet, and patterns that I liked, I came upon the Crochet Me site.  It had a few interesting articles, and one or two patterns I loved, and that was about it.  Over the years, as the editors of the site moved on to really cool things (Interweave Crochet, Knitting Daily TV, working for major companies) I felt like the site fell apart, and that I was really limited in resources for crochet.

Sure, Craftster was great, but I don't like sifting through forum after forum.  Same with Crochetville.  Lot's of great info, but you had to have a degree in Library Science to successfully search and find the information you wanted.

Ravelry didn't exist yet.

and Knitty is beautiful, fun, and full of resources.  But I hadn't learned to knit at that time.

So I was lost, for a while.  Sure I could go to the website of the company that made the yarn I had just bought, or do an online search, however, the full benefits and wonders of the internet didn't sink in to mainstream Yarn and Pattern designers until about two years ago.  And more often than not, patterns, gallery pictures, and ideas were limited to the understanding of web design and online posting of the designer or yarn company, rather than the streamlined know-how of a web editor, experienced blogger, or web developer.  (Not that I'm not waving a disapproving finger at the web developer, if they are trying to market yarn and knitting and crochet, they should at least understand how it works and would make a Crochet website successful).

But now, Crochet Me has been relaunched into a new site, spun off of the popular Knitting Daily show site.  And it looks promising.

First off, the layout colors of the site are clean, and remind me of the print on the back of the recent  "Crochet Me: Designs to Fuel the Crochet Revolution" book.

Again, it's clean, stable, looks like the information is always going to be there when I want to look something up, and organized.
  
And right now, you can download a couple of very interesting free patterns for crochet as featured on the Knitting Daily TV show.  Awesome!  I'm gonna be able to get my hands on a Kristin Omdahl Shawl pattern after all...                                                                              



It's good to know that Crochet isn't just getting publicity, but taken seriously enough to be given a decent site. Go sign up now and join the revolution.

Comments

Popular Posts