My Dog takes Cat-naps.

This, this right here is why some days I come into work smelling like Milkbone treats and Sergeants Flea Shampoo.





Bender loves my futon in the craft room. We use the futon to stack laundry til we get a chance to put it away later on in the day.

From his little spot on the futon, he can watch outside as the BF works on the bus, or watch me wind yarn at the craft table, or just have a comfy place to rest his head.

He's already got a pet bed, but for some reason, he thinks a pile of khaki pants and t-shirts are far more comfortable.

Oh, and I don't think I mentioned this yet, but check out my new Beautiful yarn:




This is Egyptian Mercerized Cotton dyed by Blue Heron Yarns at:



I've had this stuff for a couple of weeks now, and I had originally planned to make a top out of it. However, the Egyptian cotton is rather heavy for a crochet top, and I started to explore the option of a shawl. Most crocheter's have a billion scarves, I have a billion shawls, and I'm fine with that. I want a Filet Shawl, but I'm having a hard time finding one that I like, for me. There's alot of beautiful shawls out there, but finding the one that suites you best, well, has just turned into a horribly agonizing process for me. It seems most of the shawls I do like, are knitted lace, and I'm not that great at knitting, yet (play dramatic foreshadowing music)!!!

I love this yarn, it's smooth, and not super delicate yet still laceweight. I'm starting to make more lace stuff, and I always feel like laceweight wool is too fragile for me. The colorways Blue Heron offers are amazing and have awesome natural names. Oh, and their relatively nearby (Maryland).

Comments

Laurynomaly said…
What a handsome dog you has there! Can we have a puppy play date?

Popular Posts