Putting a Sunny Day to Good Use



IMG_2320

As you can see, it was exceedingly warm and sunny the other day. Bender Oak sat outside and chilled while I finally got to block my Claudia Handpainted project....I've been working with this Claudia Handpainted for a while. It's tightly spun, super soft, and I'm in love with the colorway, "Oops". It's just kinda expensive and I had originally got the first two skeins during a sale.
Here's what it looked like for months...

IMG_2230_26_1


I ordered a lace blocking kit from Knitpicks, but for this I should have really ordered a blocking mat. I have a tiny one, so I only used it for the edges. I'm convinced all my edges on all my projects are wonky, even if I meet gauge and open up technique books and perform a dance for native American Rain Gods. Yep, wonky edges are voo-doo.

blocking1

IMG_2312

IMG_2309

It's gonna look great, I just need to get a better photo of me wearing it. In fact, this is what Bender thought of it....

IMG_2322

IMG_2315

IMG_2332_1_1

Comments

Popular Posts