Sometimes Creativity is Ugly, and not the Good Ugly

Sometimes, a spark of creativity hits me. Often, it is a great idea, but the application or creation of said idea turns out horribly. These past couple of weeks have turned out that way.


If you don't know what the above image is, either you are not familiar with the internets, or you have a life and don't consume yourself with silly internet memes. Yes, it is a Domo-Kun, and here is the best part:



That's right, this brown monster that chases love-able stock web image kittens in grassy fields also plays music. What more could you ask for? Well, except better pictures and a finer quality production of the idea.



Since I had no idea what i was doing, and it is awfully hard to write down a pattern while working on it, and you only have a few hours out of the week to sit down and play with yarn, this thing is horrible. The stitches are all crazy, it's lop-sided, and completely wonky.

However, it is a really cool idea. And it's an idea I came up with out of my own noggin, which I think is cool. And also, there are several knitting patterns out there that teach you how to do the round blank space for the mp3 player menu wheel, but not many crochet patterns. I figured this out through many froggings and lots of graph paper.


I definitely plan to make this again, and I'll be sure to post pics of the awesome one that develops. I just wanted to share with you guys something that isn't for sale (just yet) and share that not everything I make turns out awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts