Social Media Sundae: No...That's not a typo!

Yep,

I'm changing the name of this blog. You heard me (well, more like you SAW me).

Why "Social Media Sundae"  -Well, it's a play on words. I find I have the most time to write on Sundays, and I have been focusing on helping others in my community work on their Social Media skills. Sometimes we have Social Media Potlucks, open table discussions on learning Social Media knowledge, topped off with sharing food. 

What I've found is that teaching Social Media to people is very similar to an Ice Cream Sundae: Appealing, Appetizing, and Pretty. But then you get down to it and it's a melty, convoluted, sticky, shirt-staining, confusing mess.

It's  play on words, but it's also a loophole that gives me the freedom to post whenever, not just Sunday. *Lesson 1: Give yourself room to color outside the lines, and there won't be any rules to break in the future. Ta-Da!

This blog is going to be the place that this Corporate Reject starts posting about all her Social Media, Digital Marketing, Online Entrepreneur Knowledge.

I figure it's not doing any good just sitting her inside my brain, away from the world wide intarwebs, away from the modern world...or at least the emerging digital world here in Western North Carolina.

I'm not quite sure if I'm going to buy a domain for this newly re-visioned blog, but at least I have a semi-loyal fan base of readers on this one.

My goals for this blog are:

1.  Educate readers on some of the basics regarding Social Media + Business. If you are a small business owner, entrepreneur, or have a big idea, there's a lot of basics most people miss. But if you catch these mistakes or possible pitfalls before they happen, it'll further streamline your path to success.

2.  Tips and Tricks. There's a reason myself and my husband have a significant voice on the internet. Tips, Tricks, Reputation Awareness, Brand Awareness, and understanding Internet Psychology have greatly helped our slow, but ORGANIC presence online.


 3.  Spit-Balling. Sometimes I come up with half-brained ideas that may not work for me, but might just be the next biggest idea or path to success for others.  So why not throw it out there?

4. Discipline. A long, long time ago, in a galaxy not too far away...Okay, maybe less than a decade ago, I USED TO BE a great writer, and infrequently published on various platforms.  I need to get back into the habit of writing. Writing Well, and Writing OFTEN.

Ultimately, my blog is my platform to speak intelligently about what I know. Lately, I've felt as though some of the professional experience I have has fallen upon deaf ears. But since I've gone from extremely modern, "developed" areas with a fairly competent internet infrastructure to what can best be described as a "Modern American Wasteland" -I shouldn't be surprised. But I am. I feel isolated, I feel flippant comments about my knowledge and skill set are constant, I feel that when I speak sometimes, I'm equivalated to those late 18th century "Modernists" talking about flying cars and space travel.  I need to use the tools I have available to find my audience. It's become all to apparent that this region of Western North Carolina has NO Social Media Tools, companies, or Visionaries to assist small businesses, entrepreneurs, SMB's, artists, or anyone...So yet again I'm going to scream out into the void, and hopefully catch some ears.

An immediate goal is to start developing articles and content that helps not only myself, but others in this rural non-digital wasteland earn income or knowledge.

Now, if anything I'm saying doesn't make sense, or you're not quite sure why Social Media is important, maybe you should check out "Custodians of the Internet: Platforms, Content Moderation, and the Hidden Decisions That Shape Social Media. There are many working parts behind the scenes of that simple app on your phone you use to like cat photos, share recipes, or stalk exes with...."Custodians of the Internet" takes an informative glimpse into many of the different roles I've taken on over the past 11+ years in Social Media.


Comments

Popular Posts