Make it for Monday -Handmade Carved stamp for a friend!

So, my friend John found out that I can carve stamps, and asked to see some of the stamps I carved.  The CheapGeek showed him a couple of the examples I had online, and he came up with an idea.

He wanted a stamp of his signature, hand-carved!

I had never done this before, and I was a little intimidated.  I mean, I already have a hard time carving words into my stamps, but this was something that was a nature flow of letters strung together.  But he had confidence in me to do it, and I did!



It took me two drafts, and ALOT of time (a week), but I'm pretty proud of myself.

He also wanted it mounted to an actual old school stamp handle, so that he could quickly get work done.  I think it's kinda cute, thinking of my friend just smashing away at paperwork, lol.

Well, I got the stamp done, but I couldn't just hand it to him, so I made him a little gift.


I got a plain gift bag and stamped it with my new signature stamp, and wrapped his stamp up.



 I also included a pocket sized, portable black ink, so he can easily put it away in his desk.



I hope he likes it.

Comments

Popular Posts