Letterboxing Crafts - Hand Carved HitchHiker (Miniature) Stamp

I had part of this weekend off, and the weather was way weird, so I ended up staying in one day and carving.

I wasn't sure what to carve, I just knew I didn't have a lot of carving material left.  I had a tiny bit of Speedball "Pink Stuff" but it was already assigned to some other project, some interesting white vinyl material from CampfireladyLB on Etsy, and a large Robot Eraser from the Dollar Store.

I had to "Think Small", lol.  I wanted to do something with some detail, but couldn't come up with many ideas.  Since I'm still learning about Letterboxing, I decided to craft a HitchHiker Stamp.

A Hitchhiker stamp is a smaller stamp that travels from one Letterbox Location to another.  Other Letterboxers find the stamp, and take it with them, eventually dropping it of at another box.





Well, I decided that I would carve my first TWO Hitchhikers as a Salt Shaker, and a Pepper Grinder!  I thought it would be kinda neat if I carved two matching Hitchhiker stamps, Let them go in different areas, and see if they ever got together.

The first one i worked on was Pepper.




 I'm kinda proud of it, there is a lot of detail on this stamp, considering it's size!




Hitchhikers need a bag to be carried around in, and some have little log books that get stamped with all the locations they have been with.  I had an ultra tiny notebook that I wasn't sure what to do with, but then I realized it was the perfect size for my Hitchhiker, so I stamped it with the Pepper stamp.  I also had some really, really nice 100% Wool Felt from my friend Liz leftover from a project she taught me.  Considering how nice that stuff was, I decided to make a little bag for the Pepper stamp.



Well, my first HitchHiker stamp is ready, and I think it turned out great.  Now to release it into the Wild World of Letterboxing, and get working on my Salt Stamp!



Thanks for Reading!

Also Shared on:

Skip To My Lou The Girl Creative  Making

- Posted using BlogPress from my Pretentious Phone Device.

Comments

Popular Posts