Getting Creative with the Blues...

I've had the "Blues" lately.  I haven't gotten many large knit or crochet projects done, and I've been itching to get a project done.

So I decided to make something for Bender Oak, my dog, and I decided the best way to get something big done was to use Big Yarn!



A couple months ago I picked up some great clearance yarn from Ollie's Discount store.  Since it's an overstock and discount store, anything you find on the shelves is probably all they have, so there's no ordering extra or asking if there's any more of a particular yarn in the back.

I didn't have enough to make Bender a blanket just with the yarn I got, so I had to get creative.

 

I grabbed all my left over chunky yarns in boy colors (Bender is a BOY Dog, I'm not gonna knit him anything girlie!), and just started knitting.


The combination of all the different yarns worked well.  In most spots, the transition from one yarn to another is so smooth, it honestly doesn't look like I just threw a bunch of random yarns together!
 
 

The project is going very well, my only problem is the needles I'm using aren't long enough, and I don't have "circs" (circular knitting needles) in the size I'm currently using, so sometimes the edges drop off.

I hope that doesn't annoy me too much, I wanna get this blanket done, and soon! Bender's current blanket is getting awfully ratty.


Thanks for reading everyone!

Also shared on:

Smiling Sally

Popular Posts