The Final Crafty Holiday Countdown

~The Final Crafty Countdown!!!~...Insert Lame 80's Metal Ballad.

It's only in the past four or five months I've started to feel well enough to craft and blog, and all the other crazy stuff I do. And most of that time was spent playing catch up.  Well, I managed to crochet a couple of hats, and some other small stuff during the year, but really hadn't made anything for anyone specific. My relatives and kinda relatives (long story) have been very gracious this year, and while I'm not exactly in the position to shower them with everything they deserve this Holiday Season, I can try and give them a small gesture of how much I appreciate and care.  My only problem was, I didn't know what to do, or what to make. But I did know that I had less than a month to make as much as I could for as many people as I could.

Well, I got awfully lucky. I stopped by one of the new local Thrift Shops in my area just to chat and see what new stuff they had. It's a really cool place, and cool to stop by just to talk, hang out, and listen to their stories (so I hope to do a whole little blog post on them in the New Year).  While I was there, I noticed they set all of their Xmas donations off to one section in the front. There was a big, dark, mysterious box of Red, Green, Gold, White and Glitter wonder...

I asked, and since they are so awesome, they let me have this big ol' box for a steal.

Well, lemme show you what happened with everything in that box.  I made a little video showing the utter crafting destruction that occurs within my household when the Holidays occur:



Yes, a big ol' maniac crafty mess,  But I'll be sharing some of the cool stuff I did with it over the next couple weeks.

Check out this card I made.


I used a reproduction copy of an old Children's School Workbook, some card stock I had laying around, an envelope out of the box I picked up, and some rub-on transfers for snow flakes!

 
I wanted to put some ribbon on there that would go with it, but I didn't have any all white ribbon laying around, and seriously, everything in that Thrift Shop box was Retro-Glitzy... Except... for some BIAS TAPE!
 I know this is what all my sewing friends use for some sort of amazing sewing stuff I don't understand, but you know what? Bias Tape is thick, so you can use any type of Glue, it comes in all sorts of colors, and definitely adds a 3 dimensional look to your projects!
I think it came out great.

Well, I got a lot more stuff to do....

So, thanks for reading, and stay tuned.

Also Shared on:
MakingThe Girl CreativeSimpsonized Crafts Keeping It Simple  

Comments

Popular Posts