Black Mountain Trip - Meeting new Friends

So, we went down to Carolina for Thanksgiving, and it was delicious, I mean...It was a lovely trip.

Apparently the only thing Bender Oak needs to pack when going to Gramma's is a Rawhide chew...

It was a great trip, and I'll be posting some neato stuff about it over the next couple weeks.

The CheapGeek's brother, Will has always had an affinity for pets.  Their mom has told me stories of Will trying to get their parents to take in animals when he was a little kid, and currently he's got a house full of Dogs, an amazing wife, and two teenage boys.  So, I was a little amazed when we pulled up and noticed he has taken a new little puppy, aptly named "Boats" (short for Botswain or Bosun's Mate)...  This little, tiny puppy is cared for by one of the burliest guys I know, sheltered lovingly in his own little travel tote (he's awfully small, and one of the few exceptions to my opinion that dog's should walk!).  Boats is claimed to be part mini-Chihuahua,  part Mountain Feist, and all Adorable!  Will's goal is to eventually introduce this little pup as a Therapy Dog, which is a fantastic decision considering his size, demeanor, and adorable *Squee!* -ness. You'll have to read through or scroll down to actually "meet" Boats!

So, I decided to make Boat's something...I had very little yarn with me on this trip, and really didn't feel like battling the Holiday madness to get some.  On my last night in Black Mountain, I managed to come up with this:

 

I had no idea what I was doing.  I know how to make a hat out of worsted weight yarn, but this was tiny fingering weight, plus, I remembered how I still need to make Will a Color-work Tobaggon... I made a Magic Loop, did a few increases, and then changed colors every row with spike stitch at completely random intervals.

The hat turned out pretty good (except I still need to work on Pom-Poms, and weaving in ends)...But I wasn't sure if everyone would like it or not.

I mean, the Peanut Gallery Seemed Excited...


Well, not really, they actually seemed kinda sleepy.

  So I was nervous....I always get nervous when I give someone something I make...

In the morning, I gave Will and Boats their new little Hat....

Will Loves it!  I'm pretty happy about it.  Boats, however, might need a while to get used to it.


Now, without further adieu, here is Boat's with his Fantastic Color-work mini Tobaggon!



My goal is to make another Tobaggon real soon for Boats, and one that matches Will (and eventually his sons...jeez my hands are gonna hurt).  I think it would be so awesome if Boats becomes a Therapy Dog, and has a matching hat for him and his keeper!
 

I love how he has almost the same markings as Bender Oak, and Ben thinks he's a little baby, so he keeps trying to clean him...Weirdo.


So, if you're ever in Carolina, and see the smallest dog on the Mountain being walked by the biggest Mountain man that side of the Mountainside, say Hello to Boats!  His owner don't bite, and they both make an adorably awesome duo!

Thanks for Reading Everyone!

PS: If Boats wasn't enough Cute Overload for you, check out a very peculiar Duck we saw while Geocaching:





Also Shared on:

mmm buttonMaking
Sumo's Sweet StuffBWS tips buttonBWS tips button

Comments

Anonymous said…
That duck does have an afro!!
Anonymous said…
That duck does have an afro!!

Popular Posts