Weezer "Memories", Music Video, Etsy Feature, and Daydreams (Thrift Shop Find)

It's rather odd, the things that make me feel slightly sad or reminiscent...

Weezer has always been a band that I've thought was interesting, but didn't really follow with passion or devotion like some bands, however, some of their latest songs over the past few years have been extremely catchy and relatable.

I think the combination of retro photography, random Memorable visuals, and lyrics made me go all nostalgic, looking back, and looking at a future that always seems to be up in the air.




There's some lyrics in this song:

In fact we didn't know what we were doing half of the time
We were so sure of ourselves and sure of our way through life

Memories make me want to go back there, back there
All the memories make me want to go back there, back there
All the memories, how can we make it back there, back there
I want be there again

Now I got so many people that I got to look out for
Never know when I'll become awake and buy some food at the store
I can hear them babies crying and the lawn needs to be mowed
I gotta get my groove on because I'm freakin bored!

(-provided by eLyricsWorld)

I just think it's funny, and sad, even Weezer seems to know that we are all getting a little older. It's like I gotta make the next few years really count.

I know none of this is craft related, but considering one of my silly little life goals is to create and finish a "nice" "actually fits me" knitted sweater before my 30th birthday, maybe it kinda relates...

In the Meantime....  I Got Featured on an Etsy Treasury!  The lovely seller The5thHouse created a very cute and Kitsch Treasury of Retro Orange Love, a complete 70's Love fest.

Check it out here (clicky).

I'm anxious to take another trip down to Carolina soon, as I've never been down there in the early fall, and I'm scared to go down there too close to winter...Sometimes, I wish upon a magical shoe that I could get more days off from my real job and wander around Asheville and Black Mountain....




Well, time to get back to life and making memories...

Comments

Popular Posts