No, not the album "Youthquake"...something better

All the individual web blogs, popular podcasts, and books are right. Spinning, as in spinning yarn, is addictive. I've just started using a drop spindle, and it's alot of fun!





I finished my first skein. It's approximately 15 yards of super bulky weight Corriedale/Merino-something blend (lol).

I'm still having some trouble learning some stuff, but I figure the more I try to do, I'll get a better understanding of Fiber and Yarn.

Here is my new project:












It's a merino blend (more leftovers from needle-felting). But I'm shooting for a lighter weight by practicing how much fiber I feed to the spindle and portioning out the increments...




So far, I'm getting between Worsted and Sport on the spindle. Here's what I managed to do tonight.









Pretty Cool.

- Posted using BlogPress from my Pretentious Phone Device.

Comments

Popular Posts