Snow, Snow Very Tired...



It snowed down here in Virginia this week.  Most snow we've seen in awhile.  People were freaking out at the grocery stores, on the roads, and online (social media sites like Facebook, Twitter).  Me, well, I got cabin fever before the first snow flake fell.  I felt sluggish, tired, but antsy.  Started going through yarn, starting projects, abandoning them, starting another project or trying to work on a UFO (UnFinished Object) and abandoning that as well.

Took a deep breath, and took the opportunity to organize some of the items I've made, and to fall back in love with Fingering weight yarn.  See, with crochet, the only thing worsted weight or bulky weight is good for is accessories.  You crochet anything other than a jacket with worsted weight for a nearly plus size chick like myself, and it looks like thick, heavy burlap.  

I have a few fingering weight/baby weight yarn projects planned out, for crochet, but before I tackle those, or even start to plan a fingering weight project for knitting, I decided to do some "Comfort Knitting" and crochet some fingerless gloves.  Get back into the groove working with delicate, thinner, yarn.


 

This is a pattern from a back issue of Crochet Today Magazine.  It's my Go-To pattern when I just feel like I need to make something.  They work up quickly, and since the pattern is relatively easy to understand, you can adapt it a billion different ways.  My latest thing?  Using fine weight alpaca yarn, and COLORWORK!

The glove on the right has a little heart worked directly into the piece.  It's slightly off-center, but I think it's awesome.  I used contrasting pimento red wool to do the heart and belt straps.  Oh, I finally found little belt straps, so I plan on making a few more pairs of these.



My next pair is going to be a Merino pair, in a neutral color to go with my clothes that aren't so somber.  And instead of a belt, I'm going to make the fastener/belt out of feminine ribbon.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts