Shopping, With Bender

Bender Loves Shopping.



I'm not sure if it's because it's a big change from walk, yard, napping, yard, poop, walk, or if he just likes getting out of the house and spending all of my hard earned money.

This trip was a little different though. We were actually shopping for Carl, our Betta Fish. He is "The Most Interesting Fish in the World". For a fish, he's awfully High Maintenance, and Carl sent us out for some supplies, and a new Domicile.  If you'd like to see a video and blog post of Carl's new Domicile, click here to go to an awesome Blog post and Special Cinematique Treat for the Eyes.






Here Bender is selecting a booklet on caring for your Betta fish. Kinda like when chicks go shopping for self-help relationship books.



Bender is just like me. If I'm gonna get fat off treats and junk food, I better not spend a lot on them.




It's kinda hard to take pictures of Bender while shopping. Not only am I holding a leash, with a dog attached to it, but I also have to hold a camera or my iphone, watch out for shopping carts, and pay attention to my surroundings.  At one point, I was trying to ask questions about a fish tank, and my phone and a shopping bag.  I turned around, and Bender was on his hind legs licking a very large, yet enthusiastic lady.  She probably smelled like cookies.

Ben and I always get frustrated when we go shopping. Everything either doesn't come in our size, or today's fashions just don't look good on our body types.



Is it the scary lady on Aisle 5, or a grumpy Great Dane we really don't want to run into again?
Bender carefully looks around the corner. He's so smart.



I had to explain to Ben several times that the Cat Aisle doesn't actually have Cats on it.



Me and Bender have learned a cool trick. Basically, if you just stay on the Toy Aisle, either you get really bored, or the Boyfriend eventually finds us and buys us something.





My Boyfriend bought Bender some Doggles! I love Doggles, ever since I saw them online a year ago, I thought, OMG I have to have these! Oh, I mean, OMG Bender has to have these...  

We bought a very stylish, retro-techno pair in Blue, to match his collar and leash.




I figure Doggles would help Ben since he usually ducks down out of the wind when we go driving.

We need to read the instructions, since these have a lot of straps and stuff on them.  As you can see, Bender is trying to figure out if I have a treat, or nail clippers on my lap (since those are the only times I have a serious look on my face while telling him to "Come Here").
  

Bender Oak!  Stay Still, don't you like Doggles and think they are the most awesomest Doggy Invention  of all time?!?!?!



     
                                        
As you can see, Bender does not like the Doggles, not one bit.


So, yeah, I had to take them from him before he set fire to them in the backyard.



I'm really bummed.  I think their a cool idea, especially for road trips in the bus or hanging your head out the side of a truck.

Well, maybe on our next shopping trip, Bender will buy something he can actually wear, instead of hanging on a hanger in his doggy closet for months....

Or maybe I could knit him a stylish hat and scarf (click here to see image)?


Comments

Popular Posts